What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Trials

Anonymous

Juniors
Thurs 5th Feb: Hamilton, NZ. Saints Premier League vs Warriors.
Sat 14th Feb: SFS, Charity Shield. Saints First Grade vs Souths.
Sat 21st Feb: Rockhampton. Saints Premier League v Central Comets.
Sat 28th Feb: Carrara, Gold Coast. Saints First Grade v Bulldogs.

Rexxy

Coach
Willow. Noticed feeder team Brothers Valleys are playing the curtian raiser at Carrara on 28.2.4. Be a great chance to see the new/old club in action.

Anonymous

Juniors
I didnt know they were playing. I saw that there's no match at Perry Park but I thought the Brother Valleys thing might be getting scrapped.
Are they playing reserve grade?

Anonymous

Juniors
Re the curtian raiser at Carrara, I just got this off Stewbum's post in the forum's QRL section.

28-Feb Brothers-Valleys v Burleigh at Cararra Stadium, Gold Coast.

That should be a pretty good match actually.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Willow said:
Re the curtian raiser at Carrara, I just got this off Stewbum's post in the forum's QRL section.

28-Feb Brothers-Valleys v Burleigh at Cararra Stadium, Gold Coast.

That should be a pretty good match actually.

Its great to see BV back

fat jabber

Juniors
BrothersValleys will be in the Qld Cup for 2004 but have moved to a better facility at O'Callaghan Park, Zillmere as major longterm tenants.
Perry Park was a dead duck due to the attitude of the landlord.

The following article gives some details.

Steve Ricketts, rugby league
08 January 2004

BROTHERS Valleys have lost four players to NRL affiliate St George Illawarra before a ball has been kicked in the 2004 Queensland Cup competition.
They are players Brothers Valleys would love to have on deck for the club's first tilt at the Queensland Cup but coach Gary O'Brien realises there are plenty of positives to come out of the graduation of youngsters Jason Chan, Brian West, Peter Savage and Josh Morris to the NRL.
O'Brien knows that promising youngsters want to be placed with clubs where there are strong NRL links and the news that Brothers Valleys already have provided four players to the Dragons will impact across the state.
Chan, West, Savage and Morris played A grade or colts with Brothers Valleys in the QRL South East Division last season and all four were earmarked for premier grade duty when the QRL decided in November to admit the club to the Queensland Cup.
"We're sad to lose these blokes but it shows the relationship we have with the Dragons is solid and there are plenty of opportunities for players," O'Brien said yesterday.
O'Brien has not been able to recruit many high-profile players for the 2004 season but the traffic between the Queensland Cup and NRL might not be all one way with the possibility of St George Illawarra sending talent north.
Former representative forward Chris Essex has come out of retirement and experienced goalkicking five-eighth Scott McGuire will play another season.
About 60 players attended the club's first training run at O'Callaghan Park, Zillmere on Tuesday night with Brothers Valleys to share the facility with the Northern Eagles AFL side.
O'Callaghan Park needs a lot of work but the venue promises to be one of the best of its kind in Brisbane with Brisbane City Council and Kedron Wavell Services Club working together to upgrade facilities.
The short-term goal is to have the ground in top shape for Brothers Valleys' first home match against Easts on March 21.
The ABC confirmed this week it would provide live television coverage of one Queensland Cup match each week and Brothers Valleys' round-four clash with Souths Logan looks likely to be the first televised match from O'Callaghan Park.
O'Brien's assistant coach is former Bronco Craig Grauf with Scott Dunshea and Paul Srama in charge of reserve grade, and Kevin Taylor and Greg Bandiera coaching the colts.
While Brothers Valleys settle into their new home the Ipswich Jets are threatening to leave their home ground, Bendigo Bank Oval, because of a dispute over the monthly rent.
The Ipswich Rugby League manages the ground and it is asking for $5000 a month, a $2000 a month increase on 2003.
Jets chief executive Craig Teevan says the club will consider playing at a Brisbane ground because of the IRL's "totally unreasonable" demands.

Over here in NZ they are advertising the Trial Warriors v Dragons as the Dragons First Grade v Warriors :?

Can anyone shed any light on this as i was really looking forward to seeing the Dragons top side take on the Warriors in Hamilton on Feb 5th :?:

Anonymous

Juniors
BrentWebb'sno.1fan said:
Over here in NZ they are advertising the Trial Warriors v Dragons as the Dragons First Grade v Warriors :?

Can anyone shed any light on this as i was really looking forward to seeing the Dragons top side take on the Warriors in Hamilton on Feb 5th :?:
I asked Robert Stone and he said it was the reserves. But then again he didnt know we signed Willie Leyshon. lol (he'd just come back from hols)
I'll ask again.

BrentWebb'sno.1fan said:

Gutted i guess i won't need to take my Dragons cards down to Hamilton then as there won't be any top grade guys to sign them :cry:

SlipperyTingha!

Juniors
this is the team picked to play the warriors
1. Reece SIMMONDS (c)
2. Nick YOUNGQUEST
3. Andrew FREW
4. Luke ROBERTS
5. Ben CREAGH
6. Clint GREENSHIELDS
7. Mathew HEAD
8. David TANGATA-TOA
9. Aaron GORRELL