What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL 9's Discussion

pennpool

Juniors
For all the fan fare, it sounds like the event was lucky to even go off. One team was a basic no show and had to pull in fringe players. One team suffered a massive defeat due to incompetent refs not knowing the rules of play along with the alleged unregulated numbers of players on that team and the rest of the line up was made up of the other side.

I applaud the fight in trying to really work this event, i hear its a great day but why does it never get full backing from all USARL teams?

While rosters are set at 15, I'm sure the fight are willing to work things out with teams for players, they are very accommodating.

Last edited:

Fighter

Juniors
For all the fan fare, it sounds like the event was lucky to even go off. One team was a basic no show and had to pull in fringe players. One team suffered a massive defeat due to incompetent refs not knowing the rules of play and the rest of the line up was mad up of the other side.

I applaud the fight in trying to really work this event, i hear its a great day but why does it never get full backing from all USARL teams?

The one team wasn't able to make it from the Midwest so we made it work. The ref made a mistake in the kickoff area that was fixed, but it surely didn't affect the outcome, the team was over matched anyway, watch the video.
We wanted to accommodate AMNRL teams that showed an interest in playing and were close since we hadn't played them in so long. And it is hard for RIR and Boston to travel during union season with so many of their players unavailable, and it is not financially smart for the Southern teams to join in when they are just kicking off a new comp. So it seemed like a win/win for all. If you don't feel that way Tomo so be it, and feel free to start your own tournament.
I also invite you to become a ref and support the efforts of those trying to help Rugby League in America instead of sitting back and sniping at every opportunity about events you didn't even attend.

Last edited:

Fatwing15

Juniors
The one team wasn't able to make it from the Midwest so we made it work. The ref made a mistake in the kickoff area that was fixed, but it surely didn't affect the outcome, the team was over matched anyway, watch the video.
We wanted to accommodate AMNRL teams that showed an interest in playing and were close since we hadn't played them in so long. And it is hard for RIR and Boston to travel during union season with so many of their players unavailable, and it is not financially smart for the Southern teams to join in when they are just kicking off a new comp. So it seemed like a win/win for all. If you don't feel that way Tomo so be it, and feel free to start your own tournament.
I also invite you to become a ref and support the efforts of those trying to help Rugby League in America instead of sitting back and sniping at every opportunity about events you didn't even attend.

To say the rule mis-hap regarding kick-offs didn't affect the outcome is simply not true. I douBt the Sharks win That first game, but the score is no where near 30-0 with correct ruling. The score was 4-0 at half time, and the mis ruling on kickoff after a score didn't come into play because the Fights lone try of that half was very late in the half.

After a try the team surrendering the try was supposed to start at the 50 via tap. Instead, the refs had us ( The Sharks) kicking off to the Fight. In a game like 9s, stopping that scoring roll is tough, especially with Limited subs on the roster.

Granted, all the Sharks had to do was stop the Fight to get the ball back.

I ADAMANTLY DEMANDED an immediate rematch, however it was not granted. We had a good laugh about it. ( during the game we didn't know the ruling was wrong, only found out after when we saw the other teams maintain possession after surrendering a try. )

Over all it was a great day, we got to play 2 teams we never played before and all the boys had a ton of fun.

I hope the Sharks always have an invite to the tournament.

I would not accept applications from any teams that are not fully established going forward. All of the teams are made up of rugby union players which make things tough. However, The Midwest team sent no one this year and 2 years ago the Orange County Outlaws were also a no show. I also think British Columbia was supposed to send a team one year.

Latest posts