What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USARL / RIR Juniors Day 1 Update and so on and so forth

DINGb@T

Juniors
With teams like Baltimore and Rhode Island, League is getting a very good spread across the north east seaboard. And the more dense the competition the easier it will be to get around and keep travel costs etc down.

deluded pom?

Coach
With teams like Baltimore and Rhode Island, League is getting a very good spread across the north east seaboard. And the more dense the competition the easier it will be to get around and keep travel costs etc down.

That has to be the ultimate aim Db. Filling in the gaps and, as you say, making travel and costs much easier to manage. Just as long as everything is sustainable. There's no point in creating five minute wonder teams just to put a pin on a map.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
I clicked them a bit.

As for this part

"The defensive lines will be flat for about 10 meters on each end of the ruck but after that the kids have a tendency to stack behind their teammates similar to an American Football defense. Slowly but surely they are moving away from that and in yesterday's games we saw a big improvement on that."

Don't worry about this too much, Kids who first start playing it in Australia do this as well. mainly between the ages of 6-10

I clicked them a bit.

As for this part

"The defensive lines will be flat for about 10 meters on each end of the ruck but after that the kids have a tendency to stack behind their teammates similar to an American Football defense. Slowly but surely they are moving away from that and in yesterday's games we saw a big improvement on that."

Don't worry about this too much, Kids who first start playing it in Australia do this as well. mainly between the ages of 6-10

Yea Mate I understand, we are only in week 6 every so often i have to stepback and remind myself of that fact !!

Week 7 Wrap up. Thursday was absolutely crazy with the rain and the fact that every other street seemed to have a traffic accident on it, also on Tuesday we saw some really interesting times as the purple polo's and mean machines on Tuesday......http://bit.ly/oP3Ing

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Reading it now .....

I'm guessing "biting at a fake" means "falling for a dummy" ?

Reading it now .....

I'm guessing "biting at a fake" means "falling for a dummy" ?

Yes. The kids use alot of NFL terms and as a result I have naturally started refering to different aspects of the game with NFL/American lingo. I think that this is something that we in the USA should be conscious of as it can help us capture the American audience making them feel more comfortable with the game.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Absolutely, I wasn't having a go or taking the piss. I'm still trying to understand American Football myself, this is the only year the NFL has ever got me interested. So I'm still learning myself. lol

Poul

Juniors
Lawrence, what plans do you have for these kids once they have finished the 10 week program?

Things have been Quite Hectic for me personally over the last few weeks so i apologize of the lack of updates but we will be updating the Sites (blog and the AYRLA website shortly). the last few weeks of the Season were quite amazing and inspiring and The Finals games were filmed in HD and are being cut together for your viewing pleasure by Mike Spurling.

The Champions - Black Knights
2nd -- Purple Polo's
3rd Tied after 3 overtimes - Destroyers and Mean Machines
(we had enough 3rd place medals to make it work)

Currently we are working on an overall plan for the Spring with the High School students in addition to working on a template and system that AYRLA will be able to Plug in to the community where USA Rugby League Teams are located, for them to Run.

Check out a early version of a video coming out about the Program http://bit.ly/sc84KH

Latest posts