What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use the bin refs!

no name

Coach
Said it on the other thread, bring back the quick tap from any spot on the field, especially within the 10.
Players won’t give away a penalty if their teammates get less than 5 seconds rest to recover from an infringement.

thorson1987

Coach
Said it on the other thread, bring back the quick tap from any spot on the field, especially within the 10.
Players won’t give away a penalty if their teammates get less than 5 seconds rest to recover from an infringement.

Yeah I don't like the whole you can take a quick tap (except for offside penalties and inside the 10m)

Should be able to take quick taps on any penalty unless the ref has to give a caution.

OldPanther

Coach

I think that's a great idea.

hellteam

First Grade
I'm finding it hard to believe the media driven (especially Fittler) argument that coaches are instructing teams to give away penalties on purpose instead of allowing a quick play the ball.

Generally most tries in modern times are given up by repeat sets (occasionally line drop outs - often penalties). No penalties, no repeat sets.

Plus then you have penalty goals...... why would you give away a certain 2 points within the 30m line to prevent a quick play the ball?

Refs need to keep this up, it's going to be good in the long run.

Springs09

Juniors
I'm finding it hard to believe the media driven (especially Fittler) argument that coaches are instructing teams to give away penalties on purpose instead of allowing a quick play the ball.

Generally most tries in modern times are given up by repeat sets (occasionally line drop outs - often penalties). No penalties, no repeat sets.

Plus then you have penalty goals...... why would you give away a certain 2 points within the 30m line to prevent a quick play the ball?

Refs need to keep this up, it's going to be good in the long run.

They give away the 2 points because it's better than 6 points.

Travitoh

First Grade
Not quite sin binning and a bit left field, but what about an ice hockey style penalty box?
The offending player sits out until possession is lost (other penalties result in another player in the box) or the opposition score while the player is sat.
My theory is that it will make individual players accountable, cut down on intentional goal line penalties and also encourage sides to attack the line instead of taking the two.
The sin bin still gets used as it is for major infringements.

I dunno, maybe i just watch too much hockey

Canard

Immortal
Not quite sin binning and a bit left field, but what about an ice hockey style penalty box?
The offending player sits out until possession is lost (other penalties result in another player in the box) or the opposition score while the player is sat.
My theory is that it will make individual players accountable, cut down on intentional goal line penalties and also encourage sides to attack the line instead of taking the two.
The sin bin still gets used as it is for major infringements.

I dunno, maybe i just watch too much hockey

Hi, T-Goon

Latest posts