What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V8 Supercars Discussion

Scapegoat

Juniors
So yeah, Bathurst weekend is almost upon us. Hope it's another good one, though it's going to be very hard to top the bat crap crazy race from last year. :lol:

Many V8 fans out there in LU land? :)

nöyd

Staff member
888 member here, was at last years Bathurst which, being a die hard Whincup fan was a little hard to take, but shit happens.

may neck myself if f*rd wins again

Scapegoat

Juniors
Last 3 have gone down to the last lap, hopefully the trend continues

Hopefully it does. Been outstanding finishes the last few years.

Think it's inevitable that Ford will win again. Can't see anyone outside of Triple 8 touching them. The FG-X is far superior package this year. Honestly, I'd be surprised if there isn't at least two of them on the podium at the end of the day.

Just hoping that HRT might finally have some luck this year. It's long overdue. :lol: :(

DiegoNT

First Grade
I thought any team could win it, but just looking back only 3 teams have won it betwee between 2005-2014. And if you put into consideration that the old k-mart team was a sister team to hrt their hasn't been a winner out of those garages since 2000 (GRM)

thorson1987

Coach
Don't watch much of the V8's these days, but make sure I watch a fair bit of Bathurst.

888 member here, was at last years Bathurst which, being a die hard Whincup fan was a little hard to take, but shit happens.

haha yep.

Also, love the livery of the HRT cars.

star-wars-22.png

main-HRT-Bathurst-livery.jpg

Parra

Referee
Mostert just did a 2.06 in first practice.

I'd say he likes the place.

Scapegoat

Juniors
Quite a big whack for Jack Daniels Nissan in the co driver's session. Not an ideal way to start the weekend.

And Coulthard tops the third session with a 2.05. Crazy!

Last edited:

DiegoNT

First Grade
Couthard 2:05:47

Simona De Silvestro doing 2:09:01 was pretty impressive considering her limited time in the car, comparable to decent co drivers times and 2 seconds quicker than her teammate

Parra

Referee
It's just fast conditions all round.

A guy in the Dunlop series did a 2.07 flat earlier today - not sure what the fast time was but that 2.07 was an indicator that the supercars would be setting records.

Scapegoat

Juniors
That's got to be one of the scariest crashes I've seen at Bathurst. How the hell didn't he go over the fence? :shock: Such a relief that Chaz is conscious and talking. Fingers crossed that the marshal's are okay too.

Edit: Broken wist and broken upper leg for Mostert. Honestly, he's lucky that's all he suffered. Holy hell that was nasty.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
That's got to be one of the scariest crashes I've seen at Bathurst. How the hell didn't he go over the fence? :shock: Such a relief that Chaz is conscious and talking. Fingers crossed that the marshal's are okay too.

Video of it here

https://twitter.com/v8supercars/status/652348672621940736

f**k he is lucky he didn't go over the fence, could have been fatal to him and the officials there if he did. Update given before is that he has a broken leg and wrist and is going to be choppered to Orange hospital

Latest posts