What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video ref ends Cowboys '12 season!

jono

Juniors
Dunno about corrupt but definitely incompetent!. Decisions were like watching Fantasyland.
Truly ripped off Cowboy fans

drago brelli

Bench
Terrible decisions by video ref but to be fair there's been shockers all year. No Qld teams left and that's one positive. If Manly can beat North Brisbane next week it will be even better.

Cryptic

Juniors
Not corrupt, just geniused....

I didn't have a big issue with the first one... That's what benefit of the doubt is for but that 2nd one... dead set shocker of a call.... I remember when their first excuse was "well they don't have a HD TV in there" and apparantly that was fixed but how could they have missed that regardless... The ref didn't help by missing it in the first place when it for all money looked like a knock on from the get go...

Hard done by... I thought the Cowboys were looking better up until then and while they certainly fell apart after that I think it all came back to being frustrated with the calls and trying to make every play count where they shouldn't have had that much pressure on them....

Manly will get rolled by the Storm.... Their style of play won't do shit for them down there... The Cowboys would have had a chance... Melbourne by 20.

Mig2006

Juniors
It was always going to happen - it just sucks it happened to us!

As a realist though - Ash Graham should have had Taufua covered in the first BOTD Try and Mango never looked good under the bomb which ultimately led to the second dodgy call.

That being said, it's bloody hard to beat those decisions in the finals....

Eric Galt

Juniors
Yes it was disgraceful, that second Cowboys try after a blatant strip. Should have been 22-6 to Manly, Also why don't you NQ fans travel you lazy bludgers.

Akkerz

Juniors
You guys didn't get a chance. It was worse than dodgy calls, more like a manipulation of the result.

1st B O D ref clearly advised video ref that momentum carried the ball over the line & he just wanted to check the ball hadn't been lost - BS , definate double movement.
Why did it take so long for the Vid ref to make a decision on the 2nd B O D try ?
One could be forgiven for thinking he was taking instruction from someone else on what the decision was going to be.
Cowboys may not have won but were definately robbed of a fair game.

beads6

First Grade
Bad luck guys you were certainly smashed by the video refs last night. You didn't play your best but without those shit calls you could have easily won. I am predicting a big 2013 for you blokes.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Hey guys felt sick in the stomach watching those scumbags "win" last night, our officials are an absolute disgrace, u deserved much better.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Well, from a Warriors point of view and last years grand final, welcome to the world of the leg ups for the Sea Eagles.
Last nights video refs were absolutely disgracefull and deserve to be shown the door and never officiate in the NRL again. Cheating is a harsh term but it might perhapes fit here. Hard luck guys, you deserved better than lastnight.

natheel

Coach
i wouldn't be surprised if it is actually corrupt. We all know out of the remaining 4 sides at the start of the weekend which combination of matches would draw the best crowds for next week in Sydney and Melbourne and then out of those 4 which GF would be the most successful in terms of TV ratings.

I'm predicting a Manly v Dogs/Souths gf

Probs leaning towards Dogs v Manly for the Des v Toovey factor

natheel

Coach
Well, from a Warriors point of view and last years grand final, welcome to the world of the leg ups for the Sea Eagles.
Last nights video refs were absolutely disgracefull and deserve to be shown the door and never officiate in the NRL again. Cheating is a harsh term but it might perhapes fit here. Hard luck guys, you deserved better than lastnight.

Mate both Storm and Manly get legs up

Parra in 09 in the gf yes we got behind early by a fair way but we were realing that lead in (6 points in the last 12 minutes) when a stupid call went Melbournes way (when we had momentum) in front of the posts it killed us and any chance we had to really make a play with a try in the next couple of sets. Granted we were behind most of that match but we were dudded with that one call to really give us a chance.

We have always been dudded when it comes to Melbourne finals.

Manly get a leg up as the NRL see that Manly are the 'bad guys' of NSW. they seem to think they need to be going well to have the NRL more interesting or something. My theory on Melbourne is just that they are from Melbourne NRL want a successful Vic team.

Don't expect NZ to get any favours given to them
Souths have been given favours this year to an extent and will have tonight against Raiders (if they arn't in front by a decent margin on their own accord)

NRL is a greedy machine that doesn't reward teams on their actual ability imo they know exactly what they want. If that was my team that won on those calls last night i wouldn't want to have 'won' like that. But Manly fans don't give a shit.

natheel

Coach

i honestly don't know how you can't see it mate.

What looks better in terms of getting crowds to the game

Dogs v Raiders at ANZ
Storm v Cowboys at Melbourne

or

Dogs v Souths at ANZ
Storm v Manly (Massive rivalry) at MElbourne