What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinnie Roe

Does anyone give it a chance to win the cup? I have backed it the last 2 years in a row and have been dissapointed when clearly it has the potential to win the cup. Last year it should have won but ran an extra 25 metres by running so wide on the bend. Given it's age now does anyone think it can win?

Macca_

Coach
8 year olds don't have the best of records and he apparently isn't going as good this year as he has in the past 2 when he came out.

That being said he ran 4th carrying 59kg 2 years ago and 2nd carrying 58kgs last year. 58kg this year won't be a drama nor will a wet track if he gets it.

Has to be given a chance. But like any overseas runner, you do bet blind when you jump on them. Especially if the only run they have here is in the Cup.

Freak

Juniors
If it's wet and Makybe decides to sit this one out after a tough cox plate run then the big fella will see some of my money!!

Super trainer and super super horse!!

Macca_

Coach
Not wanting to get off topic, but if Maybe does have a tough run in the CP then that is probably good for her... I'm worried about the prep for her being set for a 2000m run before 9 days later stepping up to 3200m. I tough run under the belt may be good...

But I'm the same as you, he may be one to back and a cert for the multiples. I'm having some on LF though as he's into 24th on ooe now.

Freak

Juniors
I've seen time and time again these big Caulfield Cup runs turning into flop orama in the MC.

There was a horse 2 or 3 years back now Destinction

Other Big Caulfield Cup runs leading to nothing in recent history.
Distinctly Secret
Freemason
Oscar Schindler

In saying this though Leica Falcon is bred in the purple for this race but biggest query is whether he has enough KM's in his legs!!

Macca_

Coach
I agree but on the other hand there has been some big Caulfield Cup runs that were to good to dismiss. MD last year for example.

Don't worry about the km's. He'll by 6th up in the MC. MD was 5th up both years. I make it about 2.4km more in the legs for LF then in the mares both years.

I'm banking on it being one of those that was to good to miss :D

Macca_

Coach
No I'm not. I'm saying you can win a Melbourne Cup 5th up from a spell. LF is 6th up. For mine the prep is fine and he'll run it out.

Macca_

Coach
Fair enough. His Dad did run 2nd in the Melb Cup as a 3 year old though. And LF has had 3 very good runs over 2400m in it's last 3 starts. He has a strong finish and will have no weight in the MC... I'm happy to jump on :D

I too was on Vinnie Roe last year, and while it was a good run, I can't see him improving on it this year.

I thought the run of Eye-Popper in the Caulfield cup was brilliant, and if he's in the field I'll be on-board him.