What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volkman & Allan gone

Just hit ignore @The Silverdale Phantom:

You have made good contributions over the years....
Thanks.

He’s personally targeted me before, swoops in to abuse me (against the forum rules) when I haven’t started anything with him.

The rules of the forum simply don’t apply to him as far as I am personally concerned.

I really think it’s something @Willow and @Twizzle should address.

They wouldn’t like being prey either.

I don’t think I should have to ignore him I think he should stop bullying people and try to contribute to the forum and support it.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thanks.

He’s personally targeted me before, swoops in to abuse me (against the forum rules) when I haven’t started anything with him.

The rules of the forum simply don’t apply to him as far as I am personally concerned.

I don’t think I should have to ignore him I think he should stop bullying people and try to contribute to the forum and support it.

No one should feel bullied.... I haven't read the contents of the thread, I just hope that everyone can move on....

Unfortunately from my perspective, this forum seems to be getting worse over the last few years...It's the main reason why I limit my contributions and info....

Too many other issues going on in the world that are more important...I've lost a number of friends over the last few years...life is too short...

Have a Good afternoon @The Silverdale Phantom

Dragonslayer

First Grade
No one should feel bullied.... I haven't read the contents of the thread, I just hope that everyone can move on....

Unfortunately from my perspective, this forum seems to be getting worse over the last few years...It's the main reason why I limit my contributions and info....

Too many other issues going on in the world that are more important...I've lost a number of friends over the last few years...life is too short...

Have a Good afternoon @The Silverdale Phantom

Yep, same here @getsmarty
This is actually the first post I've made in several weeks, but, like you, I will be restricting info etc this year.

There are very good people on the forum, who mean well and express their opinions/mail openly and freely. I hope these guys continue to post and enjoy themselves without vitriol.

We've had some awesome posters on here, some with excellent insider knowledge, some with humor both intended and unintended, and some with great knowledge of the game. Alas, they all seemed to have moved on, and I understand why.

Anyways, GS keep posting as you are an awesome contributer and a true gentleman.

Parko1310

Juniors
Yep, same here @getsmarty
This is actually the first post I've made in several weeks, but, like you, I will be restricting info etc this year.

There are very good people on the forum, who mean well and express their opinions/mail openly and freely. I hope these guys continue to post and enjoy themselves without vitriol.

We've had some awesome posters on here, some with excellent insider knowledge, some with humor both intended and unintended, and some with great knowledge of the game. Alas, they all seemed to have moved on, and I understand why.

Anyways, GS keep posting as you are an awesome contributer and a true gentleman.
As someone who has not been on here for very long, is there a reason these older posters with insider knowledge decided to leave? Abuse, bullying, etc?

SBD82

Coach
Thanks.

Spare me. You salty f**king merkin.

This you?

And God bless your mate Sucking Big Dicks 82 times for his contribution to narcissism.

SBD82

Coach
That was after you started on me many, many times.

How many times do you want me to tell you to leave me alone?

Do you want me to leave the entire forum?

What is it going to take?
On the contrary my sanctimonious friend.

That was in a thread where I hadn’t posted for five years.

Is it possible that you’re not quite the innocent victim that you’re trying so hard to portray?

This Year?

Immortal
I

Thats my response when that guy starts his crap on me like you are doing to me now.

You can ask @This Year? and other SGI Fans how I treat them and your club at Wt and elsewhere. And trolls don’t invite other posters to take up the SGI interest. Even friends from other clubs.

But if you are prepared to lie to and criticise your own forum members for engaging with me that’s next level hate.

Please keep away from me on the forum elsewhere in the future.
You've always treated me well. Now and then I'll venture into other club forums and are mostly well recieved. I know a few WT supporters and live in the area, so I have a soft spot for them.
I try not to sprout or spread hate on here because we already have enough negativity in our lives. I find the most fun on here is had with humour and good will.
I love a good old Bronco or Storm bash though and I know I'm savage on Saints, but that's because I hold us to a higher standard. I believe the club has to be everything that is good about rugby league which it currently isn't.
One thing I've learnt over the years is try not to take anything personally on here and there will always be someone who won't agree with you. If that person wants to insult me I generally won't engage because it usually makes it worse.

hewi

Bench
Very happy to read this and put things into perspective.

registered-breach-pixel

NRL 2024: Warriors to pay for Ronald Volkman’s surgery after Dragons axing​

Without an NRL club and requiring surgery following his release from St George Illawarra, Ronald Volkman has finally received some positive news as he prepares to fly back to New Zealand.
Fatima Kdouh Fatima Kdouh

@FatimaKdouh_

less than 2 min read
January 23, 2024 - 7:33PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/1FczM#share-tools
16488cb866d41d9a488080018439da659e6d3185.jpg

NRL: Dragons coach Shane Flanagan has backed the club's spine depth despite the Ronald Volkman saga.
Ronald Volkman will fly to New Zealand in the coming days to undergo surgery after the Warriors agreed to pay for the young playmaker’s treatment.
Volkman was left in limbo, and without a club for 2024, after St George Illawarra walked away from a one year deal when a medical revealed the 21-year old required season ending shoulder surgery.
He had received a release from the final two years of his deal with the Warriors on December 24 to link up with the Dragons in 2024.
The Red V made the signing public soon after but before the deal had been registered with the NRL.
With the deal not yet registered with the NRL, Volkman was not only left without a job for 2024 but without the adequate health insurance to cover any costs associated with the surgery and rehabilitation.
When Volkman arrived in Wollongong, a medical revealed he had a shoulder injury that would sideline him long term.
Ronald Volkman. NRL Imagery

Ronald Volkman before being cut by the Dragons. Picture: Dragons Instagram

It’s believed the Dragons received a medical report from the Warriors this month that said Volkman had sustained a contact injury in the middle of December.
Scans then ordered by the Dragons showed screws placed during the previous operation had been displaced.
The Warriors maintain the medical report provided to the Dragons was accurate and that the Sydney club did not complete its due diligence on prior injuries.
Last week, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan conceded Volkman should have never trained until the results of their own full medical report had been received.
“We did the right thing, we got all the scans and found out he needs to have surgery. He injured himself at the Warriors,” Flanagan said.
“In all my time I’ve never had a player fail a medical.
“... The light training he did that exposed his injury should have been done behind closed doors.”

blacksafake

First Grade
I can highly recommend the above performance....like a good wine...just gets better and better.

P.S Todd Rundgren touring oz in Feb... Aged 75 years old...may be the last chance to see him on our shores..
A bit of trivia but I’m pretty sure that Todd Rundgren played lead guitar on bat out of hell.

Last edited:

Lennyb

Juniors
Very happy to read this and put things into perspective.

View attachment 83607

NRL 2024: Warriors to pay for Ronald Volkman’s surgery after Dragons axing​

Without an NRL club and requiring surgery following his release from St George Illawarra, Ronald Volkman has finally received some positive news as he prepares to fly back to New Zealand.
Fatima Kdouh Fatima Kdouh
@FatimaKdouh_

less than 2 min read
January 23, 2024 - 7:33PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/1FczM#share-tools
16488cb866d41d9a488080018439da659e6d3185.jpg

NRL: Dragons coach Shane Flanagan has backed the club's spine depth despite the Ronald Volkman saga.
Ronald Volkman will fly to New Zealand in the coming days to undergo surgery after the Warriors agreed to pay for the young playmaker’s treatment.
Volkman was left in limbo, and without a club for 2024, after St George Illawarra walked away from a one year deal when a medical revealed the 21-year old required season ending shoulder surgery.
He had received a release from the final two years of his deal with the Warriors on December 24 to link up with the Dragons in 2024.
The Red V made the signing public soon after but before the deal had been registered with the NRL.
With the deal not yet registered with the NRL, Volkman was not only left without a job for 2024 but without the adequate health insurance to cover any costs associated with the surgery and rehabilitation.
When Volkman arrived in Wollongong, a medical revealed he had a shoulder injury that would sideline him long term.

It’s believed the Dragons received a medical report from the Warriors this month that said Volkman had sustained a contact injury in the middle of December.
Scans then ordered by the Dragons showed screws placed during the previous operation had been displaced.
The Warriors maintain the medical report provided to the Dragons was accurate and that the Sydney club did not complete its due diligence on prior injuries.
Last week, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan conceded Volkman should have never trained until the results of their own full medical report had been received.
“We did the right thing, we got all the scans and found out he needs to have surgery. He injured himself at the Warriors,” Flanagan said.
“In all my time I’ve never had a player fail a medical.
“... The light training he did that exposed his injury should have been done behind closed doors.”
Shifty buggers, glad the young fella is getting looked after.

Latest posts