What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote Against Poker Machine Taxes Now

half

Coach
why shouldn't the clubs have to pay more taxes? the rest of us do

and it's not like they have to do anything special to get money from pokies. they're just moochers! yes i know some of the money goes into local and junior sports, but let's face it - most of the money just lines the pockets of those greedy wall street fatcats

Anonymous

Juniors
trevorm said:
Vote at www.ninemsn.com.au.

You can vote more than once.

The best way to vote more than once is go tools - internet history - privacy - edit

Then where it says address of website enter http://news.ninemsn.com.au/vote/vote830.asp

Then select block.

Then you can sit there pressing your back button and no continuously if you wish and vote as many times as you like.
You're saying that people should rort the poll...? :lol:

trevorm

Juniors
parrot said:
why shouldn't the clubs have to pay more taxes? the rest of us do

and it's not like they have to do anything special to get money from pokies. they're just moochers! yes i know some of the money goes into local and junior sports, but let's face it - most of the money just lines the pockets of those greedy wall street fatcats

You obviously know stuff all about the situation. I would prefer to see the government stop wasting money instead of increasing taxes

half

Coach
hey trevorm, i bet you are one of the fatcats

ps. what i would prefer is people stopping wasting money on pokies. it's a disgrace the goverment allows so many of them. and it's a disgrace league clubs depend on them so much

Alan Shore

First Grade
parrot said:

ps. what i would prefer is people stopping wasting money on pokies. it's a disgrace the goverment allows so many of them. and it's a disgrace league clubs depend on them so much

Increasing the tax won't stop people wasting money on pokies :roll:

half

Coach
tamazoid, i know you're only 12, but if you're going to post on this forum i won't accept such stupidity. i never suggested the tax increase would stop people wasting money on pokies

trevorm

Juniors
parrot said:

Its a disgrace the government put them into hotels to start with. And yes i am fat but not a cat. I just want to see all of the clubs survive.

I am predicting your next post already.

trevorm

Juniors
Willow said:
trevorm said:

The best way to vote more than once is go tools - internet history - privacy - edit

Then where it says address of website enter http://news.ninemsn.com.au/vote/vote830.asp

Then select block.

Then you can sit there pressing your back button and no continuously if you wish and vote as many times as you like.

If you care. Decide what you want.

Anonymous

Juniors
trevorm said:
Willow said:
trevorm said:

Then select block.

What else do you call it?
And do you think it'll make a difference? No decision makers pay any attention to these internet polls.
They're are just part of the entertainment and get people to visit websites

trevorm

Juniors
Willow said:
trevorm said:
Willow said:
trevorm said:

Then select block.

What else do you call it?
And do you think it'll make a difference? No decision makers pay any attention to these internet polls.
They're are just part of the entertainment and get people to visit websites

You may just want to have a stronger opinion than others. Or may not.

Alan Shore

First Grade
parrot said:
tamazoid, i know you're only 12, but if you're going to post on this forum i won't accept such stupidity. i never suggested the tax increase would stop people wasting money on pokies

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, the irony, coming from King Idiocy himself. Do you have any real argument, or are you just going to continue your outlandish, ridiculous, irrelevant proclamations?

half

Coach
oh gee wizz, did you learn all those big words from last week's spelling list?

JK

Tamazoid said:
parrot said:

Increasing the tax won't stop people wasting money on pokies :roll:

No it won't - but it will ensure that the money goes to the right causes. Clubs have so little real impact on thier local community anymore. They will still be able to fund sporting clubs but will they sacrifice the latest renovation to do it???

The NSW government should go further - reduce pokies in pubs by 1/2 for starters - but they should not back down on the basis of a campaign of misinformation by Clubs NSW.

p.s. I support the hotel tax too. Tax is not a dirty word.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Carr won't change his decision unfortunately...obviously not enough speed cameras & tolls around!!

I say it's hear to stay...whether we like it or not.....very unfortunate!!

All of a sudden NSW smells like Keating :lol: :lol:

Simo

First Grade
Im against this tax.

This isnt an attempt to curb gambling it is just another way for Bob Carr to take more money. The clubs already pay a huge tax on the pokies.

Reading some statistics over the weekend informed me of how much Bob Carr has taxed us since he came to office.

The only stat i can remember of the top of my head is the stamp duty. since he came to office he has increased stamp duty by 199%!!!

The percentage you pay of your house price in TAX now compared before is enormous.

JK,

Tax is not a dirty word i agree but when your only solution to the shortfalls you create is to find something new to tax it certainly starts to become one.

And whoever said that noone listens to internet polls, id have to agree. They are to easy to cheat as demonstrated above!!!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Having read heaps of both sides of the debate it seems that YES the clubs are not giving as much back to the community as they suggest the are, but they are helping the community in ways that the govertment will not, namely supporting junior sports clubs. Bob Carr has already said that the money is going to hospitals. Maybe what the clubs need to do is have some sort of system where X percentage of the profits are directly funneled back into the community, no more than X percentage can go to one organisation (to stop it directly propping up the senior NRL club for instance, should be going to the whole community, not just to footballers).
THis change of tact could really help as then their is a set minium contribution to the community, rather than the ad-hoc approach it seems the clubs take now.