What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vote in the 2003 NRL Footy Show Awards!

Razor

Coach
F-Minichiello
W-Meli
C-M Gidley
5-Fittler
H-Orford
P-Bailey
L-Kennedy
2-Guluvao
H-Buderus
U-Crocker
Y-Smith
PP-Ordord

Ultima

Juniors
Typical channel 9.... What a f**king joke....

NRL Ladder:

1 - Penrith (8)
2 - Sydney (5)
3 - Canberra (2)
4 - Bulldogs (3)
5 - Melbourne (3)
6 - New Zealand (1)
7 - Newcastle (5)
8 - Brisbane (2)
9 - Parramatta (2)
10 - North Queensland (2)
11 - Dragons (3)
12 - Cronulla (0)
13 - Wests (0)
14 - Manly (0)
15 - South Sydney (0)

How the f**k does a team like the Dragons get 3 nominations when the Warriors get ONE..... Not to meantion they are missing a few of the previous front runners to the Dally M off their "player of the year" list! I'm not even going to bother voting in that... It's a list of most popular not most talented or most in form....

Grantwhy

Juniors
Ultima said:
Typical channel 9.... What a f**king joke....

NRL Ladder:

1 - Penrith (8)
2 - Sydney (5)
3 - Canberra (2)
4 - Bulldogs (3)
5 - Melbourne (3)
6 - New Zealand (1)
7 - Newcastle (5)
8 - Brisbane (2)
9 - Parramatta (2)
10 - North Queensland (2)
11 - Dragons (3)
12 - Cronulla (0)
13 - Wests (0)
14 - Manly (0)
15 - South Sydney (0)

How the f**k does a team like the Dragons get 3 nominations when the Warriors get ONE..... Not to meantion they are missing a few of the previous front runners to the Dally M off their "player of the year" list! I'm not even going to bother voting in that... It's a list of most popular not most talented or most in form....

Footy Show said:
The Footy Show Awards

There are a list of nominations for each positional award. These have been chosen by our panel, consisting of Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, Paul Harragon, Matthew Johns, Ray Warren, Phil Gould and Andrew Voss. You may choose one player from each of the categories. You have one valid vote. If you wish to re-vote and change a selection, this will render your original vote invalid. This is to stop "flooding" and to give us as fair and reliable result as possible.

These have been chosen by our panel, consisting of Paul Vautin, Peter Sterling, Paul Harragon, Matthew Johns, Ray Warren, Phil Gould and Andrew Voss.

I'm guessing Mathew Johns and Paul Harragon pick the Warrior player and the 2 Cowboys - the reset of the panel are [censored].

kaon

Juniors
Billy Gunn said:
Raider_69 said:
2 words......... f**king joke!

Seriously who are the players not there that should be?

Just from a Raiders point of view, Clinton Schifcofske, Joel Monaghan, Mark McLinden and Ryan O'Hara. It's not as if these players have just recently started performing and their team has never been outside the top 4 all season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
kaon said:
Billy Gunn said:
Raider_69 said:

Just from a Raiders point of view, Clinton Schifcofske, Joel Monaghan, Mark McLinden and Ryan O'Hara. It's not as if these players have just recently started performing and their team has never been outside the top 4 all season.

the exact 4 players i was going to mention........

Channel 9 really have no idea do they...

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
kaon said:
Billy Gunn said:
Raider_69 said:

the exact 4 players i was going to mention........

Channel 9 really have no idea do they...

I agree that all 4 have played excellent this year and all but MCLinden (has played better as the season has gone on though) for me could be considered in the team of the year.

Now can I ask you to go back and look at the nominations and tell me who they would replace on those lists.

The problem (well it's not that much of a problem there in the top 4) with the Raiders side for individual accolades is they are a solid team in all areas they really don't have stand out players and I mean this stament in a positive way no disrespect to any player.

Billy

Anonymous

Juniors
Tahu nominated ahead of Monaghan? Now that's just embarrassing.

Also, can't New Zealanders win the prize? :(

kaon

Juniors
Ok, I went back and had a look at the list.

There is no doubt that Darren Lockyer is the best fullback in the game but he hasn't done jack THIS year. Schifcofske has bigger claims than all of them.

Why Timana Tahu is even considered? He has played 2 good games max and now he is considered one of the best wingers of the year? Joel Monaghan should feel cheated.

Andrew Johns is in the same situation as Darren Lockyer, nothing special this year. I'd have McLinden there but only just.

O'Hara should be in front of Webcke and definitely Joel Clinton.

I think the footy show awards put an end to the argument that the 9 commentary team does play favourites and I for one will be boycotting the awards.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think Civoniceva should be one of the props nominated. Ahead of Webcke at least, it's an obvious comparison.

Raider_69

Post Whore
schif ahead of lockyer he has done nothing or at least not as much as schif

Monnas in for Tahu - mr dropsies is useless

macca for johns - again he has done nothing which is why the knights are higher on the ladder

O Hara has played better than Clinton, not by much but still better

Ultima

Juniors
Good example tonight of how Darren is playing shit when compared to Clinton.... Schifcofske would have made that tackle which lead to the Dragons first try, he pulled off a much harder one last week (which may get tackle of the year if it was judged for difficulty and skill of execution but it's not so...) for example.

Razor

Coach
Raider_69 said:

Monahan has played half the year at centre though. Meli is clearly the best winger.

kaon

Juniors
Razor said:
Raider_69 said:

Monahan has played half the year at centre though. Meli is clearly the best winger.

I don't think anyone is arguing about Meli and he would be my choice for winger of the year but it’s the fact that Joel's achievements have been overlooked altogether. Worse still was that Tahu got nominated and he has done jack shit all year.

Latest posts