What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Dragons rd21

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Loooking at the stats gotta give a shout out to Tevaga, 111m and 54 tackles, immense. Second most metres of our forwards besides Mannering (112m and 42 tackles) between the two of them they had the top two stats in both metrics.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Loooking at the stats gotta give a shout out to Tevaga, 111m and 54 tackles, immense. Second most metres of our forwards besides Mannering (112m and 42 tackles) between the two of them they had the top two stats in both metrics.

I should hope so. He gets up to 3 times the number of minutes that some of our other middle forwards do. For the 40 minutes around halftime (20 either side of) he and Blair were 2 of our 3 middle forwards, with the third spot being something like Paasi subbed for Afoa subbed for Pulu taking up the 40 minutes. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I admire the guy for taking his opportunities, and particularly his tackling workrate, but it's killing our go forward and ability to swing momentum back from other teams.

He was in everything.

Also got to give him props for no stupid offloads like last week when he had the opportunity at times.

Blair

Coach

The second-half sounded like the perfect setting for Simon Mannering.

Blair

Coach
I worked today and a Tigers mate came in and told me we'd won. That was the perfect way to find out.

I wouldn't have enjoyed following the game live. Props to all you guys for living through that!

At 18-12, were we ever in a decent position for a field-goal?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I felt Gavet kept working the guy on the ground that got him in trouble.

He went on to long but I’m pretty sure they were under in
I worked today and a Tigers mate came in and told me we'd won. That was the perfect way to find out.

I wouldn't have enjoyed following the game live. Props to all you guys for living through that!

At 18-12, were we ever in a decent position for a field-goal?

Not really. We spent an eternity defending our own line or in the middle of the field, hardly ever really got into the dragons red zone all half.

sup42

Juniors
Our two best wins of the season have come against the Dragons imo.

The Mt Smart game was the match of the round and the perfect opportunity for us to drop the ball against a red hot unbeaten St George, that game featured our most epic defensive efforts.

This game almost turned into a half time rort...a match fixing scandal...a record all time worst Warriors capitulation and waste of an opportunity to do something with a season.

Almost.

Just finished the replay, aint it funny how when you know the result you can look at things more objectively...and therefore the most enjoyable part of that game from a purist point of view...is watching the defence for the last half hour...that was a master class of scramble defence.

Blair

Coach
...Just finished the replay, aint it funny how when you know the result you can look at things more objectively...and therefore the most enjoyable part of that game from a purist point of view...is watching the defence for the last half hour...that was a master class of scramble defence.

That's me tomorrow arvo. Watching the replay, nice 'n' comfy.

18-0 was a lead we blew twice in one season, against Dogs and Manly. 2014 I think. We were soft.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
18 is not a massive lead to blow imo. Especially when those points came while the other team was down to 12 men. St George were always going to have points in them and those points were going to come at some stage. Especially on a nice day, at home, in front of a good crowd, against a "hoodoo" team. Truthfully they should have had way more than 12 points in them. But nah. Sorry bol.

The big issue for me is when we let teams get away on us (Titans last week). It's obviously all down to motivation and composure. The Titans had it last week, we didn't. This week we had it and the Titans didn't.

Leber

Bench
Lisone facing 3 weeks on the sideline. Bunty might be facing one week.

Yet Cameron smith is allowed to take our head off with no penalty.