What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wade Mckinnon

spartan

Juniors
Another magnificent game today from the genius full back.

Now i know if he was a victim of one of the most diablical sending offs you'll ever see from the despot simpkins but somebody needs to have a word in his ear.
His importance to the warriors is undoubted and the way he links up with the forwards when they get on a roll is one of the main reasons that opposition defences are terrified by him.

Their refusal to kick the ball to him is another indication of the regard he's held in so ivan cleary needs to have a word with him about controlling his emotions because i fear opposition teams may try and target him knowing he's got a fragile temperament.

There's a new saying in town,so goes mckinnon,so goes the warriors.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
McKinnon seems to suffer from a bit of nospam29.

I appreciate it when it doesn't go too far, but when we were up by 16 he just needed to relax and not take the bad calls - such as the first punch - so personally.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The Tigers should have been penalised for slowing the play the ball. If the officials aren't going to do their jobs, then the players feel the need to react.

I mean, what were the touch judges doing out there in that instance and when McKinnon was sent off???

A scene from Team America comes to mind, when Martin Sheen & Tim Robbins were sitting around in the dungeon saying "We're guards, yeah guards, we're guards".

"We're Touch judges, yeah touch judges. We've got our gay little flags, we only do sh*t when someone's taking a conversion. We do a lot of running around"

Rovelli

Bench
Wade needs to be careful.

It was his suspension that stunted his form.

It was his suspension that saw us lose to Cronulla and Newcastle without him.

It was his suspension that started a 6-game losing run.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
He will need to be careful, because he will quickly become a player that gets picked out and looked after by the ref according to reputation. Is happening at the moment with Matai as well, and there are guys like Bird, Gallen, Finch, Hughes etc in that club as well

Iafeta

Referee
I agree with that. He just needs to concentrate on what he does best, running the ball. Forget the theatrics. We know he's obviously passionate, but be focussed and concentrate on just doing your job.

If he does that, he's a great great player.

Micistm

Bench
Great player no doubt about it, and I respect his passion/desire to win...but he does need to calm down a little when a few calls go against him. While that sendoff today was a terrible call, two things went through my mind- Thank **** there's not long to go, and thank **** he didn't fire a bit of verbal abuse at the Ref on the way off.

Great player, just needs to be a little more careful before he does get the bad rap that'll have him marked. He has had his fair share of bad calls this year, the sendoff today and a fantastic individual try disallowed for two off the top of the head. Must totally **** him off, but he's just gotta cope with it like other players do.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Micistm said:
and thank **** he didn't fire a bit of verbal abuse at the Ref on the way off.

I just watched it again, and he was very close to. I think he got "You're a fuc...." before he started to walk off.

Meh can't blame him though.

Seti

Juniors
That was the worst send-off call in the history of the game.

Simpkins has seen something (that didn't happen), that no-one else saw (cos nothing happened) that he won't be able to explain to his handlers.

I see the Daily Telegraph is reporting that he may face the sack.

Rich102

Staff member
Seti said:
That was the worst send-off call in the history of the game.

Simpkins has seen something (that didn't happen), that no-one else saw (cos nothing happened) that he won't be able to explain to his handlers.

see the Daily Telegraph is reporting that he may face the sack.[/Iquote]

Very unlikely! The NRL and Referees Assoc. wouldn't allow that to happen. You couldn't allow public pressure to dictate referee appointments - under any circumstances. At worst he will get a Premier Grade game next week though I doubt even that will happen.

Rich102

Staff member
Something I noticed just before the game. The shot in the Warriors dressing room just before they ran out. It was Wadeo who was doing all the talking - Price didn't seem to be saying anything at all.
Also thought Mannering had a very good game; for mine the best centre on the field.

Latest posts