What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker Bros

shaggs

Coach
Since they won the comp and all their players got signed to nrl contracts how are they travelling??

Ads

First Grade
Haven't paid attention. Sitting in 6th this year. I like their point of difference though. About time there were some actual variance in tactics in league.

MilkShark

First Grade
Walker bros with Moylan, Fifita, Katoa and an in form graham and Holmes would be exciting.

Why dump a successful coach?

If the Walker brothers are so good how come they weren’t even close to getting any of the new coaching appointments that were on offer for this year in the NRL?

wibble

Bench

If the Walker brothers are so good how come they weren’t even close to getting any of the new coaching appointments that were on offer for this year in the NRL?

They are serving an apprenticeship of sorts being in a lower grade competition, and I guess they are at the level below where they could be picked up at NRL level. But in general, you are right. You would expect they would need to be at an NRL club not as first grade coaches, or at a super league club, to make the transition to first grade.

Quigs

Immortal
Our Capewell was one of theres. I always thought the other bloke would go well to. The little 5/8 bloke that came down with Capeszoh

Ads

First Grade

You watch the vid? I guess that NRL clubs are afraid to buck the norm and play it safe. I'm all for innovation, they are correct when they say almost all of them play the same game plan. Why is like that? Soccer pits so many different styles of play and the innovators always come out on top.

Card Shark

Immortal
Walker bros method of coaching wouldn’t last in the NRL, sadly.

Other teams would exploit it too easily.

snout

First Grade
Cant just say it would or wouldnt work.

Jack gibson put a ham company on rooster shirts. How stoopid. Clubs are now fighting over each for million dollar sponsorship.

The try they show where it goes back and forward across the field is nearly intercepted twice and a good defence would push them back to their own tryline.

But some interesting points.
Completion rates mean little if a team cant score. For a team with a good attack they are crucial.
But true... .most stats mean little.

Interesting about building up your fitness with nothing over 100 metres.
Thats clever. Has merit l would imagine. Especially with your larger blokes.

It’s threads like this that show some people have no idea what Flanno has setup structure wise at the Sharks.

But you’ll always get people thinking the grass is greener on the other side.

snout

First Grade
They won a grand final on the back of it.
If they had created a dynasty it would give it merit but the fact theyve never won it again - even in a 2nd tier comp - lends to think theyve been worked out.

They should not have won a grand final. Their coaching is good enough to win every grand final. The difference is the uneven playing field that is QCup. The jets have no money.

Quigs

Immortal
Their (Ipswich) side got pilliaged straight after their GF win.

Ipswich started with farkcall the following season.

Ads

First Grade
It’s threads like this that show some people have no idea what Flanno has setup structure wise at the Sharks.

But you’ll always get people thinking the grass is greener on the other side.
Flanno can coach the standard stuff we always see. It’s boring. I’d love to see some fresh ideas in the nrl. Actual tactics by teams that aren’t mirror images of every other team. Make it exciting again.

Flanno can coach the standard stuff we always see. It’s boring. I’d love to see some fresh ideas in the nrl. Actual tactics by teams that aren’t mirror images of every other team. Make it exciting again.

With Gallen out for the next month or so we’ll get some exciting style of football.

Deadset his two hit ups every set is like a led weight to our attack. Especially the hit up on the 4th.

What’s worse he’s dramatically regressed this year and everything happens so slow.