What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wankers

The Enforcer

Juniors
Fingers_and_thumb_in_circle_downward_motion.jpg
Way too big for a Souffs supporter.

Perce

Juniors
This...players believe their own hype these days apart from the likes of Thurston, Smith, Cronk, Scott, Lewis...good old school blokes.

Well - yeah. Sorta. But I've met a number of AFL players and a few cricketers in a work capacity, and taken as a whole I have to say that NRL players are way more down to earth and way less arrogant than players from those two sports. No idea about yawnion players. So while we have to put up with some tossers, that's how it goes in the world of sport - and I reckon we've got fewer per capita than some other sports. (Actually - the few tennis players I've met have been Grade A merkins as well.)

ozenzud

Juniors
Well I say Lockyer got that endless sendoff because he deserved it.

I remember a quote from his missus, "he's not just a good rugby league player, but he is a good man."

For once the media gave us a good story rather than a story about these merkins.

In NZ, I love Manu, because he looks like one great bloke with a great heart.

I played RL to play alongside people like these blokes. I did not play RL to play with a bunch of dic%heads I did not respect.

I watch RL to watch good men, doing their best, and I hold those blokes up to my kids and say, "there, thats how you should play your sport and live your life."

Needless to say, I won't let them watch Easts.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The gun players are fawned over from an early age, 13, 14...never held to account, can screw up and always first selected in next weeks team, where the average bloke gets half a game, late to training, mucking around...same thing happens when you spoil kids, they turn into little shits, I want this, want that, chuck a tanty when i dont get it

:clap::clap:

Exactly. Its everywhere in society these days. Gen Y. The product of a Politically Correct education and parenting system.

simostorm

Bench
Bring back the cane.... on players.. and women too.. lol.. jokes.. seriously.. not the players.. just the women.

Knock On

Juniors
Rugby League used to be a way of teaching boys to be men.
Now it is a way of teaching them to be spoilt brats.
And there is no way back.

Loudstrat

Coach
It's not always the best look for the game, but why is this any worse than clubs "releasing" players from contracts when they're not performing.
Yes. The sob stories being played out in the media, which are all dubious for a variety of reasons make it different. And the worst is the ever developing saga of selfish f*ckwittery from Blake Ferguson.

When clubs release players without a media circus the masses are none the wiser. Personally I was amazed at how willing Penrith were to give up Lewis and Jennings but in hindsight I really dont think either parties suffered. Sometimes we just dont need to know private things, and TBH I think all clubs are good at at keeping a lid on gossip when they release or shop a player around. Player managers and the naive lap dogs that they represent are different.

We are probably the worst, and I cite the Sandow issue as an example. That said, Sandow hasnt suffered condemnation for his problems. Then again, neither he, or the club, are making noises about tearing up his contract.

My beloved Canberra is a common theme in all this; like one poster mentioned. Very sad.
Yes it is. I have no idea why anyone would want to leave Canberra with the potential that club is developing - and the fact that the player group has rallied all year against the twin f*ckwits first and foremost proves that.

Latest posts