What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Hard to get a read on that game. First 20 minutes was obviously excellent then the rest of the game was meh. I'm going to choose to be positive and put down the last 60 minutes to the fact that the game was effectively over after the first 15 minutes.

All I was hoping for this week was to not get a repeat of the dogs debacle and the tea certainly achieved that. Defensively, I feel we are leaking one too many tries at the moment however their points only came after we got to a 26-0 lead so I will reserve judgement for when we really need the defence.

Not really much else to say on this one as the warriors were diabolical the first 15, we put them away in that period and then the guys seemed to get a bit bored and the droppsies started.

3 Dom
2 Angus
1 Walker

Much tougher test next week against Cronulla who are the real deal. I'm hoping that they put a lot of energy in to an obvious siege mentality due to the whole "They can't beat good teams" against Melbourne

In general we are perfectly placed IMO to finish top 4 and have a real tilt at the title this season. We are currently 5th and only behind the Dolphins by virtue of not yet having a bye and both Melbourne and Penrith have some injury concerns going forward. Here's hoping we get some well deserved luck for the remainder of the season with no major injuries.

Our draw also really opens up as well. After the sharks the rest of the way is:

Raiders (A)
Cowboys (H) - Origin Affected
BYE
Parra (A)
Dogs (H) - Gosford and Origin Affected
Wests (H)
Dragons (H)
BYE
Storm (A)
Manly (H)
Dolphins (A) - Perth
BYE
Parra (H)
Titans (A)
Raiders (H)
Souths (A)

Two origin affected games but I think we will only be missing Collins, Teddy and Angus at most this season. There is absolutely no excuse to not finish top 4.

Those second half tries by the Wahs were on the back of a tonne of possession gifted to them by Badger. The boys scrambled well but tbh, I don’t think we were seriously tested as they weren’t that creative on our goal line. We were buggered from so much tackling. As I said to Valheru, we must be the only club that doesn’t get hometown penalties.

My main issue (I realise it’s still only May) is with our lack of ruthlessness. 50 was definitely on yesterday if we were merkins like Storm and Penrith.

If we don’t win this year, I hope at least we are the most entertaining team. All the tries were a joy to watch.

3. Dom
2. Walker
1. Gus