What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors game *possible spoilers*

N.C.

Juniors
Watching the scores online today - at the 60 minute mark I did not dare to dream... Looks like an exciting finish on the cards.

BTW as soon as Lui went off our fortunes turned. He has a decent kicking game and is a better organiser than Moltzen but his defence is atrocious.

Tigerm

First Grade
BTW as soon as Lui went off our fortunes turned. He has a decent kicking game and is a better organiser than Moltzen but his defence is atrocious.
Yeah, once he went off, they didn't know who to run at. I cant see how they can keep him up there with that defence.
I thought the rest of backs went Ok otherwise.
Still don't know how we got out of this.
Hopefully a season turning game.

N.C.

Juniors
Yep. After watching the game I have to agree on Lui... Also we got lucky - Maloney kicks just two of those four missed goals and we would not have won the game.

Mader45

Juniors
I found myself at half time walking round the house singing without any conscious attention to it.

I realized after a while I was singing 'Ah Lui Lui! Oh baby.... You gotta go'!

Can't argue with your subconscious.

No way is he a better organiser than Moltzen.

Lui is definitely one of the worst organisers going around in the league. Cannot structure the team for peanuts.

The Rosco

Bench
Gotta agree on Lui.
If you catch a replay, just keep an eye on exactly what he does when asked to tackle. . . and what he does to avoid tackling.
His side-on arm grabs are pathetic. They were running at/through him at will.
On many occasions, he seemed to run forward and pretend to "join in" with the tackle, so he could stand at marker, and not have to do any real defence.

Of course, this whole mess is Roycey's fault. This is the crap we have to deal with when we lose such an astute defensive coach. :lol:

What about THAT for a back-from-the-dead piece of work ??

Beau and Moltz did allright out there today.

Like last week Ryan did well today.

The big thing for me about Lui going off was the fact that Sheens did not move Moltzen to play 'half'.

He had a centre on the bench who could have moved to the centre, and Moltzen to feed the scrums but no such move.

Thoughts anyone regarding that?

For me, it might be a case of next week, Moltzen will be in the centre and if Lui is out, Miller will be the No 7.

With each week passing, Moltzen improves as Lui regresses. Moltzen is proving to be far more handy out of position than Lui is at his "best" position.

ucantseeme

Juniors
For me, it might be a case of next week, Moltzen will be in the centre and if Lui is out, Miller will be the No 7.

If he can tackle put him in. Storm have more mettle than Warriors so can't be so slack.

Amazing win though! Most of the game they looked uncommitted and indifferent. Then Ayshford makes that incredible line break off the bad pass from Benji and before you know it TRY! TRY! TRY! TRY! WIN!

If they can play bad and win overseas it's frightening to think how good they can be if they actually pull it all together for 80 minutes.

tumblingdice

Juniors
Lui came off as he was injured..or was actually hooked by Sheens?
If we was hooked, good. Cant recall last time one of our guys got hooked. Long overdue.

N.C.

Juniors
Was going to ask that myself... Saw a shot of him where he seemed to be nursing his shoulder.

Will we be without him for another couple of weeks?

Tigerm

First Grade
Like last week Ryan did well today.

The big thing for me about Lui going off was the fact that Sheens did not move Moltzen to play 'half'.

He had a centre on the bench who could have moved to the centre, and Moltzen to feed the scrums but no such move.

Thoughts anyone regarding that?

Good point, when Benji fed the scrums he seemed to get more involved in the game, maybe a pointer to really only needing the one playmaker? So a defensive 7 (re: Miller) may be just what is needed.

One thing that was really good, was Benji's goal kicking, it has improved out of sight. Does anyone know what he is doing in this regard? e.g. coach etc.

N.C.

Juniors
From putting on a big hit in defence? :sarcasm:

In seriousness I think it might have been from when Locke ran over the top of him in the first half...

Speaking of - that guy is a cracker. Moltzen should have a good look at that kid's game if he's serious about playing fullback. He was everywhere.