What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors release Johnson

SBD82

Coach
Johnson is a touch player first and foremost. Moments of brilliance followed by times of stupidity.

good article. Reinforced what I’ve thought of him. You guys are better off without him tbh, just don’t be trying to pilfer TMM from NQ........... ;-P
That's a very good point. Where do you think TMM is likely to play this year? 6? Or 14?

If it's the latter he might jump at the chance to get a starting jumper at the warriors.

beave

Coach
That's a very good point. Where do you think TMM is likely to play this year? 6? Or 14?

If it's the latter he might jump at the chance to get a starting jumper at the warriors.

I think NQ will start with Morgan and Clifford in the halves and see how it goes. They bought baptiste as Granville has shown he can’t play 9 for 80mins at an effective level and Baptiste is a genuine 9 where TMM is not, even though he wouldn’t let us down.

So I don’t think they will carry both Baptiste and TMM on the bench, Greeny seems to prefer 3 forwards. There is also Ben Hampton in the mix as well for the utility role.

If I were NQ and NZ came knocking for TMM I’d be very reluctant to let him go without a player swap, and no offence but I don’t know enough about your squad to make a decent claim but either a forward or an outside back (no Beales or Ayshfords please). We don’t have much depth once Morgan goes to origin or there’s an injury, TMM is an insurance policy. He’s a good player but I know NQ have high expectations on young Clifford which is fair enough because he is a local and came through our system.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think NQ will start with Morgan and Clifford in the halves and see how it goes. They bought baptiste as Granville has shown he can’t play 9 for 80mins at an effective level and Baptiste is a genuine 9 where TMM is not, even though he wouldn’t let us down.

So I don’t think they will carry both Baptiste and TMM on the bench, Greeny seems to prefer 3 forwards. There is also Ben Hampton in the mix as well for the utility role.

If I were NQ and NZ came knocking for TMM I’d be very reluctant to let him go without a player swap, and no offence but I don’t know enough about your squad to make a decent claim but either a forward or an outside back (no Beales or Ayshfords please). We don’t have much depth once Morgan goes to origin or there’s an injury, TMM is an insurance policy. He’s a good player but I know NQ have high expectations on young Clifford which is fair enough because he is a local and came through our system.

You're welcome to have Kata

beave

Coach
You're welcome to have Kata

tenor.gif

JJ

Immortal

We can give you Adam Blair and Sam Lisone :)

SBD82

Coach

Yeah. I kind of figured that Clifford would have first crack at 6. He played some impressive footy this year.

I get why you'd want to keep TMM. I seem to remember that he even played fb for you guys for a couple of games this year? Not bad to have someone in ressies who can adequately fill the spine. Just wonder if that would be enough incentive for him to stay if the warriors came knocking.

beave

Coach
Yeah. I kind of figured that Clifford would have first crack at 6. He played some impressive footy this year.

I get why you'd want to keep TMM. I seem to remember that he even played fb for you guys for a couple of games this year? Not bad to have someone in ressies who can adequately fill the spine. Just wonder if that would be enough incentive for him to stay if the warriors came knocking.

yeah he did play FB mate and did a really good job there. Parr and Green have a high opinion of TMM, I don’t think they will be willing to let him leave without a fight

Exsilium

First Grade
yeah he did play FB mate and did a really good job there. Parr and Green have a high opinion of TMM, I don’t think they will be willing to let him leave without a fight

TMM hands down is in your starting halves.

He’s talented and could kick on in the right environment

Based on that article from the NZ Herald quoted further up thread, I could not see how Johnson would fit in at the Roosters. The attitude described would not be tolerated by the coaching staff, let alone by his team mates. It would be like signing the anti-Cooper Cronk attitude wise.

AJB1102

First Grade
i look at that Raiders squad and I can barely see $1.50 let alone $9.8mil, where the f**k is their money going?

Not only this but they offered big coin to Austin which he knocked back. Then lost him, Paulo and Boyd.

No gun signatures since then so who the f**k is getting all that coin?

nick87

Coach
LOL. He was NEVER coming to Canberra. His thoughts on the town are well documented

He's going to end up at the Sharks... and a penny for Gal's thoughts.

Wonder if he's going to deliver a spray to his new team mate for leaving his club in the dark so close to the season... Oh he's not?
Imagine my surprise.

SBD82

Coach
LOL. He was NEVER coming to Canberra. His thoughts on the town are well documented

Wonder if he's going to deliver a spray to his new team mate for leaving his club in the dark so close to the season... Oh he's not?
Imagine my surprise.
You better be careful. You can't pick on Gal around here without seeing the same photo over and over and over again.

AJB1102

First Grade

Imagine my surprise.

Val was wanted for as long as we could sign him for then left the code entirely with a couple days notice.

Warriors made it clear SJ wasn't wanted beyond 2019 and the way they kept making that point it seems they weren't shy of unsettling SJ. Unwanted he chose to rip the bandaid off and find a new club in RL.

Calling them the same is like saying Wighton is the Raiders's Slater cause he plays the same position.

Latest posts