What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors sign Dane Nielsen

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Melbourne Storm and Queensland Origin centre Dane Nielsen will join the Vodafone Warriors on a three-year contract after the 2012 NRL season.
The Mackay-born 26-year-old excelled in 2011 when he twice played for the Maroons – including the series-clinching third match – and has again been a key contributor for the unbeaten Storm this year, notably scoring a double in their 32-14 Anzac Day win over the Vodafone Warriors at AAMI Park.
Confirming Nielsen’s signing today, Vodafone Warriors recruitment and development manager Dean Bell said the club was excited to secure a centre of such quality from the NRL’s leading side.
“He’ll bring a lot to the Vodafone Warriors through his experience with such a strong club like the Storm and through playing Origin football,” he said.
“It’s a huge positive for us to secure a ranking Origin player and getting one who has played with three of the best players in the game – Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith – as well as learning so much through a coach of Craig Bellamy’s ability.”

more at: http://www.warriors.co.nz/news-display/Storm-centre-Nielsen-signed-by-Vodafone-Warriors/54627

Aragorn

First Grade
WOW - great news - reliable, steady hands, knows how to score tries and good under pressure. That definitely beefs up our weakest position - Hurrell, Henry, Neilson and Ropo... good bye Inu...

A good, reliable signing for The Warriors. I assume they're eventually looking for a Hurrell/Nielsen centre pairing. With Henry moving into the second row somewhere.

Warmess

Juniors
Yep, huge news. Not just in terms of who's staying, but what this potentially means for who's going too. Seems like Inu must be goneski, and potentially a nail in the coffin of Ropati aswell?

Anyway, great signing. I've enjoyed watching this guy run around at the Storm, and like most of their players he's had huge wraps on him. I wonder how much it cost to snare him...

tangalife

Juniors
this one kinda came from no where. Thought Nielsen was younger too. Stoked we have signed a decent centre though.

well that seals Inu's and probably Ropati's fate I would say. Unless Ropati now becomes some sort of Utillity fb, centre and even Five eigth.

This would also mean the rumours about Jamie Lyon and Rene Ranger won't be happening. Would love to see Ranger come to the Warriors though and take over Tupous spot.

Gutted about Inu really - we really shouldn't have to go signing centres with him on our roster but just shows we really dont want him.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Great signing. If Steve Deane says he's a solid pro not a superstar, I disagree. Anyone who plays Origin counts as a star, for mine. It puts him in the elite category.

Definitely puts Ropati's future in doubt, we could keep hold of him as cover but there's likely to be ESL offers that mean he's a starting option. However, I'm looking forward to the Oz-meister's argument as to why Jerome is a better player than Nielsen. A Kiwi, obviously, is the first point.

And as said, byebye Inu. Here's a guy with nearly as much talent as him with much more dependability and desire.

blain

Juniors
This is just what we need really. Experience and under rated centre. He has a bit of size to him also. Should sure up our D a bit. Would be easier to say bye-bye Ropati and keep Inu? Due to contract length. I dunno, but we dont have room for Ropo, Inu, Hurrell and Nielson.

hitman82

Bench
Fantastic player - what an awesome signing. I'd actually rate this above the Tate signing.

Latest posts