What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors To Hold Press Conference Today

IanRitchie said:
Dave Solomona?

dam you beat me to it. if wakefield drop we will be going after solomona if castleford drop awen will be staying. if wigan drop - they won't so paleasina won't be. no one at huddersfield we really want.

Martli

Coach
Hmmm, good news about cleary. Sucks for Sione, but if it means getting Solomona or keeping guttenbeil then i'm not complaining :D. Either would be far better than someone who can't handle their piss.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
dam you beat me to it. if wakefield drop we will be going after solomona if castleford drop awen will be staying. if wigan drop - they won't so paleasina won't be. no one at huddersfield we really want.

Sounds like happy days to me :)

Scott

Bench
Well done Warriors on the action taken against Sione.

It's a sad story imo, but it had to happen.

Excellent news on Cleary.

Replacement?? Lauaki has been awesome down that left edge in recent weeks.

Blaze

Juniors
I wouldn't be 100% happy with Solomona, he certainly has talent but seems to turn over too much ball. (at least in the games I have seen him play in England).

It would still be a positive signing but yeah...

How long does Ali have left on his contract?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Blaze said:
I wouldn't be 100% happy with Solomona, he certainly has talent but seems to turn over too much ball. (at least in the games I have seen him play in England).

It would still be a positive signing but yeah...

How long does Ali have left on his contract?

Solomona is a high-risk player, he gets a LOT of offloads away and inevirtably a few result in turnovers. However given the nature of our other forwards who tend to keep things pretty tight and our very high completion rates I think thats a luxury we can afford, and one that would actually improve the team. Remember we're now losing our two best ball-players in Guttenbeil and Faumuina so we need someone with that style of game to replace them.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think Luck or Lauaki could become effective offloaders. Luck has a lot of ball playing smarts about him.

I haven't seen a forward do a diving pass in a long time. That was gold!!!

Blaze

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:
Solomona is a high-risk player, he gets a LOT of offloads away and inevirtably a few result in turnovers. However given the nature of our other forwards who tend to keep things pretty tight and our very high completion rates I think thats a luxury we can afford, and one that would actually improve the team. Remember we're now losing our two best ball-players in Guttenbeil and Faumuina so we need someone with that style of game to replace them.

I agree with that... we definitly need someone who loves an offload and I guess Solomona is one of the best around, and probably the best avaliable.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
NZ Warrior said:
I think Luck or Lauaki could become effective offloaders. Luck has a lot of ball playing smarts about him.

I haven't seen a forward do a diving pass in a long time. That was gold!!!

Lauaki's a natural offloader but he's also a bit of a hothead so I'd be cautious about encouraging him too much... he'll be a better footballer when he learns not to push things too far.

League: Warriors sack Faumuina

10.00am Wednesday August 30, 2006

Backrower Sione Faumuina has been sacked by the New Zealand Warriors for an alcohol-related incident on Sunday when the National Rugby League club defeated the Sydney Roosters in Auckland.

Chief executive Wayne Scurrah today confirmed that the Warriors had ended the two-test Kiwi's contract, which was to have run until the end of next season.

"It relates to alcohol-related behaviour at the Roosters game," he told NZPA.

"I'm not going into specific details but it was unacceptable. There was some incident with serious misconduct and we met with Sione and have terminated his contract."

Faumuina, 25, has missed the Warriors' four-match winning streak, having broken his hand in the 36-6 loss to Penrith five weeks ago.

The injury ended his season and left him on 99 NRL appearances, of which 11 were for Canberra before he joined the Warriors at the start of 2002.

There have been previous reported incidents involving Faumuina and alcohol, and Scurrah said the Warriors were disappointed to have to make the decision to let him go.

"He's highly regarded by the club and has been here for a long time," he said.

"Certainly the last thing we wanted is his contract torn up

Wayne Scurrah

Juniors
Oh what a beautiful day!!!!

I have now surpassed Mic Watson's record for the most firings in a season. Hooray!!! Get that up ya, Mic!!!

I'm going to Faumuina's locker and I'm gonna down that keg he had hidden in there. It's gonna be a blurry afternoon!!!

But before that, I have some business to attend to. That 4 try haul by Ropati was very suspicious. I'm going to call ASADA and request a "random 5am drugs test" at Ropati's house.

Kind regards, you're fired!!!

Wayne "Trump" Scurrah

Jesbass

First Grade
boldy said:
It was on the 6am news this morning on channel 1. Another booze related incident after the Roosters game apparently.

Yeah, and it wasn't pretty to watch, either. Robster saw it even more up close than I did. We didn't want to say anything because of the inevitable rumour mill, but now that it has been made official...

I hope Faumuina gets the help he needs. He can't keep going down this self-destructive path. I wish him all the best for the future.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
jesbass said:
Yeah, and it wasn't pretty to watch, either. Robster saw it even more up close than I did. We didn't want to say anything because of the inevitable rumour mill, but now that it has been made official...

Am i allowed to ask if you'll elaborate?

Wayne Scurrah

Juniors
I also forgot to mention at the press conference, that we are chasing a big name signing to replace Faumuina. I'm pleased to annouce that we are currently the front runner to re-employ Matt Jobson, to restock our forward ranks. He didn't get a fair go last time, but he will be better than ever this time around.

Kind regards,

Wayne "I eat players' contracts for breakfast" Scurrah

Wayne Scurrah

Juniors
IanRitchie said:

If either Robster or Jesbass elaborates, I'll have the police arrest & detain them faster than they can say "Faumuina touched me inappropriately"!!!

I paid them good money to keep their mouths shut.

Kind regards,

Wayne "taking out the trash" Scurrah

Lego_Man

First Grade
I dont think there'd be any harm in revealing the content of the incident, after all it's in the public domain now anyway.

Jesbass

First Grade
IanRitchie said:

I'll elaborate to a point, but as there was another Warrior possibly involved, I don't want to get too carried away.

But basically, he was already pretty steamed up in the locker room after the match. I think he had a disagreement of some sort with another Warrior, and basically carried out his frustrations on the fans. He swore at several fans at the post match function when asked for an autograph.

That's basically it in a nut shell - but it wasn't pretty to watch or be near to. And definitely not a good look venting one's frustration out on the fans. I believe the management received several complaints regarding his behaviour.