What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was that it ?

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Hey guess what, the ad is doing what it should because it has got people talking about the Warriors and the NRL, isn't this the purpose of an ad???

And here i was thinking you were smarter than to fall for the soft sell approach Ozbash.

Jesbass

First Grade
Sam_the_man said:
Hey guess what, the ad is doing what it should because it has got people talking about the Warriors and the NRL, isn't this the purpose of an ad???

And here i was thinking you were smarter than to fall for the soft sell approach Ozbash.

I think the purpose is to get people talking about them positively, which it doesn't seem to have done.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Scott said:
hmmm - it really doesn't bother me. The ad is ok. Nothing great, nothing bad.

Deaker had Price, Cleary and Scarrah on for an hour yesterday. It's not as if they are doing nothing at all. I'm all for the low keyness of it all. What happens on the field form 17 March is what concerns me.

I'm inclined to agree. I'd be keeping the buildup low key for now, and hopefully around the time the S14 wraps up the Warriors will be sitting pretty on the NRL ladder and thebrains trust can start to ratchet up the marketing effort and build support towards finals time.

ozbash

Referee
As per usual Ozbash has nothing smart to say :shock:

Why does it have to be super-special just to please YOU?

i got money i want to spend on season tix, merchandise, sponsors products ?

There's probably thousands of hidden messages in it,

they are not allowed to advertise subliminally in NZ spinny

You were right sambo, takes a bit to suck me in :cool:

Spacey/jess, we had one of the worst crowd averages in the comp last season, in fact our home game attendances were pathetic.
I really cant see how the warriors brains trust can expect these 'weak' ads and quasi public appearances are going to get the buttocks on the bleachers this season.
If i was the advertising man for the warriors i would be throwing everything i had at the public.

Jesbass

First Grade
ozbash said:
Spacey/jess, we had one of the worst crowd averages in the comp last season, in fact our home game attendances were pathetic.
I really cant see how the warriors brains trust can expect these 'weak' ads and quasi public appearances are going to get the buttocks on the bleachers this season.
If i was the advertising man for the warriors i would be throwing everything i had at the public.

I'm not pro a quiet advertising campaign. Are you sure you didn't mean Spacey/Scott?

byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
As per usual Ozbash has nothing smart to say but only knows how to complain. Should it really matter what an 'ad' says? Why does it have to be super-special just to please YOU? An ad's an ad, and true real fans don't really give a crap about it.
To be honest, none of the nrl ads of the past were that exciting anyway.

From the context point of view, the ad isn't putting it's message infront of you directly. There's probably thousands of hidden messages in it, and you just have to read it from those points to know what it's getting across.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
FFS

The season hasnt even started and we got to put up with this sh1t

MKEB...

Staff member
Haven't seen the ads myself, but there is probably not enough ducks in them.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
ozbash said:
As per usual Ozbash has nothing smart to say :shock:

Why does it have to be super-special just to please YOU?

i got money i want to spend on season tix, merchandise, sponsors products ?

There's probably thousands of hidden messages in it,

they are not allowed to advertise subliminally in NZ spinny

You were right sambo, takes a bit to suck me in :cool:

Hmmm good point, hadn't thought of that. This was something i was hot on durring last season...poor crowds in Auckland. To be honest i'm not convinced that this ad campaigne will have an effect on crowd numbers as much as a consistent team that wins a few games at home will.
Fingers crossed ay?

Lossy

Juniors
Ozbash said:
we had one of the worst crowd averages in the comp last season, in fact our home game attendances were pathetic.

Certainly was, but in reality that will only get resolved by winning. No amount of advertising can convince a sceptical public to go to something they don't have faith in. The hardcore have that faith, so don't need enticing.

Ozbash said:

The quality of the ad (which I haven't seen) would've been attributed to the specific budget given to it. Whatever ticked those budget boxes is likely what got made. If it was NRL funded... well, their ads have sucked for a while now IMO. I'd of thought most views of it would be on SKY regardless. Free-to-air will be there to but the boot in if possible, but will need to be wooed. I think the ad is of little value really; good or bad.
Ozbash said:

Which could be a spectacular early-season success, but would leave nothing for later. Relies heavily on the team firing from day dot and I'm not so confident of that.

They'll have a marketing schedule plotted over the year for core advertising overlaid with moveable promotional activity. If they work with seasonality they'll look at trends based on previous years spend and what was gained/lost in revenue, exposure, and market-share. Sponsors activity will be factored in also, and they do seem to use Vodafone to provide a great deal of leverage. Vodafone will be happy with that as the Warriors are part of "brand Vodafone" these days, and they like to be in control.

Season tickets are probably done and dusted -- bar hawking out discounted rates to companies they do business with -- so their base income is mostly set. The real value comes when you are near the top, or at the very least in with a show. While it's a best-case scenario, you have a better chance of packing Mt Smart out then. I think the public is too fickle to do wall-to-wall it from game one anymore. That will continue until there is success at the back-end of the season to get people pumped. A glimmer of hope is not enough.

If the wheels fall off badly they'll need to have not blown everything so they can peel back what left. The Warriors are
still a business, and while Eric might be fine copping a loss dependent on circumstance, he's not a fan of losing more money than is necessary.