What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch out Konnie

ozbash

Referee
they'd need to pay him to stay and play reserve grade. He's a pretty classy player who could collect good coin in Britain.

MKEB...

Staff member
And Allwood is just another Ryan Shortland type signing. What will happen to him...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
All wood would be on bugger all, I reckon we'll punt him next year anyway.

Agree Fish could probably earn more elsewhere. Up to him I guess.

mt.wellington

Juniors
All wood would be on bugger all, I reckon we'll punt him next year anyway.

Agree Fish could probably earn more elsewhere. Up to him I guess.

Allwood signed for 3 years. Signed until the end of 2017. Would be on a small salary but still wasting a top 25 spot and on at least $80K a year. Probably more.

Club want to get rid of him but no one wants him...

Rebel

First Grade
Allwood has signed for three years. Primally a centre, but he has played one, maybe two (can't quite remember) games at fullback for us this year in nsw cup abd seemed ok. He might possibly be the back up.

Personally, I'd like to see us persist with Sam cook. Can play anywhere in the spine and will be good for depth.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well if he provides adequate FB cover and is contracted I guess we have to keep Allwood, which is probably another reason to let Fish move on if he wants to.

Sanchez

Coach
Watch out indeed

The Warriors preparations for Sunday's NRL clash against Melbourne have taken a blow with centre Konrad Hurrell exiting this morning's training session with his left arm in a sling.
The injury occurred early in the session when Hurrell was involved some opposed drills before he pulled up in noticeable pain and discomfort.
Medical staff accompanied the 23-year-old to the sheds and afterwards coach Andrew McFadden said the extent the injury was yet to be revealed.
"We're still not sure yet. Hopefully it's not too bad," said McFadden.
"We were doing some diving on loose ball just at the start of the training session. I think he just fell awkwardly so I'm not too sure how bad it is.
"Obviously he didn't finish the session and that puts him in some doubt for this weekend but I'll get a more extensive report from out medical staff hopefully very soon."
Should Hurrell be forced to sit out this weekend's match, McFadden nominated winger-turned- centre David Fusitu'a as his likely replacement.
"He's been playing terrific football in our NSW Cup side. He's very damaging so if Konrad wasn't able to pull fit then probably Dave will come in."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11476983

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Would prefer Konnie as Melbourne seem most vulnerable to a straight and hard approach, But good for Fus to get a shot.

Sanchez

Coach
No real thread for the game so ill post it here

Fusitua in for Hurrell
RFM to start for Hoffman
Lousi likely to the bench

captainwarrior

Juniors
Hurrell will obviously get the nod purely based on his reputation, but Fus was all class today. As I said in the 3-2-1 thread, it really reminded me of Toopi in his prime when he was considered the best centre in the world (2002-03). I would seriously be tempted to put Fus on the wing for Lolohea and play him as the super sub at 14 and get him to come on and play a bit of five-eighth/hooker to blood him for next year.

It's going to be one hell of a headache next year when Laumape is fully fit and ready to go. Add Wright (who was also very good today), Fisiiahi and Maumalo, it's really going to be difficult for McFadden if they're all fully fit. For me though I'd still give Laumape first crack because he was very good before his injury and out of all the names been put in this thread I feel like he's the only one (other than probably Lolohea) that has been consistent in FG, but like Fufu I'm very happy I don't have to make that call. All I'm going to say is that our NSW Cup backline will look very good next year.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
Imo Fusitua at his best is better than both Kata and Hurrell at their best, he just hasnt had the game time to display it. Still though consistency is what's needed to truly earn his spot. I just hope he gets enough of a run to the point where it's a conversation between Kata and Hurrell fighting it out for a spot. He's probably the best all around athlete at the club.

ozenzud

Juniors
Fusitua was outstanding in attack and defence. That game played Hurrell out I reckon. Really good by him. All our backs seemed to defend well yesterday.

tangalife

Juniors
Ive been high on Fusitua ever since he burst on the scene last year.

Guys that tall, that big that can run and have a little ball skill dont come up often. He has the make up of Israel Folau. Very athletic and knows how to pass well.

He already looks a bit bigger this year.

He is gonna be real good if we stick with him.