What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watching NRL in USA

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hey guys,

In July I'm travelling Through the USA and will be in New Orleans and New York when some games I want to watch are on. I'll actually be in NY for Origin. I know the time difference makes it difficult however can anybody recommend somewhere to watch NRL in these cities or if not then can you watch it on TV anywhere or stream it?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Hey guys,

In July I'm travelling Through the USA and will be in New Orleans and New York when some games I want to watch are on. I'll actually be in NY for Origin. I know the time difference makes it difficult however can anybody recommend somewhere to watch NRL in these cities or if not then can you watch it on TV anywhere or stream it?

For NRL, Origin, the Australia Bar in New York will be the place to be. League friendly (I think the owner is involved with the USARL)

http://wp.theaustraliannyc.com/sports/

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thanks mate, by my calculations origin will be on at about 6am, do you know if they open especially for that? I know Aussie pubs in London do.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'd recommend sending an email to the pub directly and see what they say.

Yeah will do closer to the date mate, just wondering if anyone has some local knowledge.

Watched an Origin last year in a sports bar in Siem Reap Cambodia with about 50 other Aussies, was a pretty cool experience.

deluded pom?

Coach
I was in New York in November. We were in a bar on Times Square called Tonic, it's opposite the M&Ms store. The tv had a few ads on for SL and NRL while we were in. I'm not sure of the opening times though.

The Partisan

Thanks mate, by my calculations origin will be on at about 6am, do you know if they open especially for that? I know Aussie pubs in London do.

Pretty sure it is a major 'social' event for the Aussies in NYC. Remember seeing an article on one of the RL shows about it. Opens early.

Will be in that part of the world myself (if I get myself organised !!!) but not till early August.

roughyed8

Juniors
Yeah will do closer to the date mate, just wondering if anyone has some local knowledge.

Watched an Origin last year in a sports bar in Siem Reap Cambodia with about 50 other Aussies, was a pretty cool experience.

Matt and the team at the Australian will have origin on, they open up early for lots of major events, had the pleasure to meet them six years ago when me and the wife were in NYC, Matt played for the New York Knights along with a friends son from here in England, I'm sure that the Knights still use the bar as their after game venue if you are lucky you may be there when they have a home game.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
Matt and the team at the Australian will have origin on, they open up early for lots of major events, had the privilege to meet them six years ago when me and the wife were in NYC, Matt played for the New York Knights along with a friends son from here in England, I'm sure that the Knights still use the bar as their after game venue if you are lucky you may be there when they have a home game.

Gareth Baxendale?

deluded pom?

Coach
I don't know Gareth personally but he was working in the Ship of Fools on 2nd Avenue when I was previously in NY circa 2002. The Ship was mentioned as a RL bar in an article in Open Rugby/Rugby League World a year or so earlier which is how I ended up being there.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Matt and the team at the Australian will have origin on, they open up early for lots of major events, had the pleasure to meet them six years ago when me and the wife were in NYC, Matt played for the New York Knights along with a friends son from here in England, I'm sure that the Knights still use the bar as their after game venue if you are lucky you may be there when they have a home game.

Cheers mate appreciate it!

paulmac

Juniors
I'm in the states roughly at the same time,although LA,Vegas,Orlando.I just assumed I would be able to watch via NRL.com.

latingringo101

Juniors
I watched Origin and the NRL grand final via Livestream (without a login) in South America without much drama last year on my laptop.

Dunno if it'd work in the states though.

Emu01

Juniors
Does anyone know of any bars in Honolulu that shows NRL games? I'm over here for this week round 6 and wouldn't mind watching the Dragons v Broncos game.

Danish

Referee
I watch games every week on foxsoccer2go
Works on PC or handheld. 20 bucks a month

That's what I use too. Works brilliantly. Bit annoying that the internationals aren't on it though!

Have you been here long enough to know if they show origin? I'm hoping to avoid the Australian if I can. Great staff and beautiful pub.... But the patronage leave a lot to be desired at times (drunk bogans chanting "Aussie Aussie Aussie" etc)