What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 20th Match: Australia v Sri Lanka - London 15/6/19 (Aust won by 87 runs)

Valheru

Coach
The teams we have played so far, with the exception of India, are teams that we were expected to beat. So far in this tournament we have had a soft run.

So the favourites of the tournament can't have anything but a soft draw? Your logic is flawed

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
From what I've seen at this world cup India and England are the standouts who would go into all their games as favourites. NZ and Australia on the next tier.

Then there is a significant drop to the next 5 teams with each of these capable of beating each other or causing a wobble to the top 4 if they play at their best or the top teams play poorly.

Then there is Afghanistan who are a little bit outclassed here and I think might struggle to pick up a win.

So in reality there are 6 games in the competition that the top 4 would be expected to win.

As PB said, once you get into the semis anything can happen.

Front-Rower

First Grade
So the favourites of the tournament can't have anything but a soft draw? Your logic is flawed

Favourites? Australia? Ok

You do understand that in the first 5 games we have played the two qualifiers along with the 6th and 9th ranked ODI teams? We lost to team number 1

Valheru

Coach
Favourites? Australia? Ok

You do understand that in the first 5 games we have played the two qualifiers along with the 6th and 9th ranked ODI teams? We lost to team number 1

Comprehension fail.

I didn't say Australia are favourites. You said that a soft draw is determined by playing teams one is expected to beat. Therefore, using your own logic the favourites of the tournament (whomever they may be) can't have anything other than a soft draw given they are expected to beat every team?

I am posing a question to you.

Australia did pretty well against India really. After that slow start to get within 34 wasn't too bad. But we need a quicker start & some more hitting down the order.