What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 8th Match: India v South Africa - Southampton 5/6/19 (Ind won by 6 wickets)

blaza88z

Coach
I havent seen a team so dependant on an opening partnership in a good while, if De Kock/Amla don't feature in the scoring it's basically curtains

Iafeta

Referee
The best thing about Choke Efreka is seeing that turd Imran Tahir run to the crowd like a spud to celebrate a wicket, and then be beaten. He’s such a gronk, massively punchable

Meth

Staff member
Haven't seen this discussed elsewhere, but South Africa's woes have been compounded by revelations that AB De Villiers offered to come back for the World Cup, but SA management turned him down. http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...t-world-cup-recall-sa-team-management-said-no

I think I side with SA management on this one. It doesn't really matter how good you are, you're not bigger than the team...except in this instance perhaps, when SA would probably be better to just field AB alone, so I don't know.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Haven't seen this discussed elsewhere, but South Africa's woes have been compounded by revelations that AB De Villiers offered to come back for the World Cup, but SA management turned him down. http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...t-world-cup-recall-sa-team-management-said-no

I think I side with SA management on this one. It doesn't really matter how good you are, you're not bigger than the team...except in this instance perhaps, when SA would probably be better to just field AB alone, so I don't know.
Agree as well, great player but you can't just expect to rock up and play whenever you want to. ABDV seems to want everything on his terms.

Bazal

Post Whore
I feel like AB is suffering from his own silence in many ways tbh... And that's based on rumour so I could be well off the mark

JJ

Immortal
Agree as well, great player but you can't just expect to rock up and play whenever you want to. ABDV seems to want everything on his terms.
Hmmm. Normally agree, but for someone as good as him I reckon you work out a way

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hmmm. Normally agree, but for someone as good as him I reckon you work out a way
Nope.
Classic case of having your cake and eating it too.

He wants to earn big bucks in the 20 20 leagues and then front up and play the world cup.