We are struggling to adapt

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by rabbitohs95, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

I'll answer. We need a bit of a clean out after this season and the recruiting guys have to get their arse into gear.

2. DiegoNT

DiegoNT First Grade

At least your answer is at least plausible, but as been pointed out by others a clean out isn't an easy process to undertake

I belive Sams contract was back heavy so his salary increases. Keary looks gone but i think walker is up for an upgrade so i don't know how much that would free up. I don't believe grevsmuhls departure will free up much. A possible Tom burgess move would probably be negated by the need to immediately replace him with a decent prop. So i don't think we can rely on recruits to help our way out of this mess

3. foreverinourshadow

foreverinourshadow First Grade

r20 as long as we both know the story that's all that matters about a clean out we need a clean out!!!

4. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

I don't think we will be able to get the full clean out in 1 off season.

We will probably only be able to clear out some of the duds.

5. Curns13

Curns13 Juniors

Letting Keary walk and signing Walker to around 300k will save us 150k. Grevs leaving should save us around 250k. Turner's forced retirement (I think its inevitable, maybe not this year but it won't be far away) will save us 400k. If we could find someone to take McInnes off our hands that would be awesome but I dont think there are many places in need of an average at best hooker. Maybe if we pay half his contract someone like Titans might take a punt on him, so lets pretend thats anither 200k saving. All up thats about 800k in savings, enough to buy 2 quality players at prop, 2nd row or centre if you replace them with minimum contract guys. We have to hope a couple of Bears guys are ready to step into the top 17 while they aren't getting paid much.

6. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

Turner on 400k??? Where'd you hear this??? Surely you're joking???

250k at the absolute max for Turner.

I reckon Whitelaw and Gosiewski will step up in 2017.

7. alien

alien Referee

i was thinking the same thing!

8. Curns13

Curns13 Juniors

I could be wrong but I thought he haf his contract fairly significantly upgraded after 2014. I am a massive NBA fan and every single players contract, down to just about the last dollar, is very common knowledge. Can't believe there isn't somewhere to go to find this stuff out.

9. foreverinourshadow

foreverinourshadow First Grade

curns13 very good post

10. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

Yes it is frustrating.

11. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die Bench

This thread went from constructive analysis to arguing pay wages haha. For the record our depth was horrible in 2016 compared to what it will be next season.

Rabbitoad likes this.
  12. Travitoh

Travitoh Juniors

The OP raises some very real truths though that didn't change much 15 months later. Anyone thought Madge should've gotten another year? It would seem he did with 2017 and didn't change a thing.

13. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die Bench

I think there was definitely potential for a good 2018 season with Madge. I thought the juniors he was bringing through were really impressive. However I really like Seibold as well. I think he is the type of coach that adapts to different playing styles much better than Madge did. His recruitment seems to be spot on as well.

callmack1 likes this.
  14. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

Well sacking Madge will have repercussions with Angus walking out and unhappy with how Madge was treated............

15. Travitoh

Travitoh Juniors

I would suggest that with the juniors that are coming through, there is no better time than now to get a new coach with fresh ideas in and maximise our potential for results in the future.
    Madge's gameplan was stale and needed a change. He didn't want to make it happen so the club made a decision to get the most out of the current and future squads. Something i very much doubt Madge could've done. His time was up. Two and a half seasons of failure are more than enough.

If Angus is going to claim that Madge being sacked is the reason he leaves then I'll call him a liar.

16. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

It's the reason why he came to us though in the first place.... to play under Madge

17. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Bollocks to him, no player is bigger than the club.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Itsamansgame, Rabbitoad and Travitoh like this.
  18. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter First Grade

f**k him.

Itsamansgame likes this.
  19. Itsamansgame

Itsamansgame Juniors

To the point,I like keeping it simple!
    f**k him X 2

20. Chicku

Chicku Juniors

Hi Guys. I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance. Cody Walker. I like him as a Five Eight. I am led to believe that Souths offered him a new contract but his manager has told the Club that they want to test the market next year. If that is correct, why are we continuing in making him a superhero and sending him with Reno to Adelaide to improve his kicking game to help another Club in 2019. Should we have not sent his understudy ( junior) , to improve and take over that position. I understand that it's the Club responsibility to put the best team on the field each week, but should we not be looking after our future ?