What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are such a failure

Avenger

Immortal
From the lame but publicised rope exercise in the preseason to hiding Carty's bag to having the worst outside back recruitment in the history of the club to a stale coach who has no self awareness and amateur tactics.

To the stupid white jerseys that everyone hates, to the moronic "Parra's in the tunnel" manufactured chant to our insistence of sacrificing a home game to f**king Darwin against teams that are climatised to the heat to not having won a f**king thing since 1986.

We are a monumental failure.

Parra Pride

Coach
I used to cope that the side was good enough if they had the coach, but I honestly don't think that at this point. f**k most of them off, it's time to start over. Keep Moses, keep the Penis, Talagi has a few more years to cook. The rest of the side though can f**k off at this point along with this sack of shit coach.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I used to cope that the side was good enough if they had the coach, but I honestly don't think that at this point. f**k most of them off, it's time to start over. Keep Moses, keep the Penis, Talagi has a few more years to cook. The rest of the side though can f**k off at this point along with this sack of shit coach.
I actually disagree. The general squad there has the makings of a very good side. But it certainly seems they’re not responding to the coach. We will know more next weekend, but if that’s the case, it’s only heading in one direction.

eel01s

Bench
You can't argue with anything Avenger wrote.

I have followed the Eels since 1975. Apart from the golden 80's where we had an unbelievable mix of experience, talent and excellent coaching, we have a club that doesn't have a winning mentality.

Close enough has always been good enough, we have never been ruthless in the pursuit of excellence.

The Brian Smith era where we had good teams, we were perennial chokers.

Three GFs since 2000, and never in the game with a real shot at winning. Yes I acknowledge we were ripped off in 2009, but even then that was just the most amazing run I have ever seen.

So much has to change. We need to target a proven HOF and/or Wayne Bennett to run the football program.

Obviously the entire coaching staff needs to go. Look at the poor quality of our "top 30". Look at how underdone our young players look when they debut compared to other teams.

We can't do the basic fundamentals right. No attention to detail. Apart from Gutho, no effort on effort.

Blow it all up and do it right.

King-Gutho94

Coach
A club in its 2nd season in the competition just put 44 on us.

With 3 or 4 of the best players not playing.

When fans of other teams are sending the Fins Up memes around it truly shows not only what an embarrassment last night was but how we continue to be a joke for the rest of the competition to laugh at.

I deadset reckon Manly, Dogs, Tigers fans get more joy seeing us implode then actually winning.

Avenger

Immortal
A club in its 2nd season in the competition just put 44 on us.

With 3 or 4 of the best players not playing.

When fans of other teams are sending the Fins Up memes around it truly shows not only what an embarrassment last night was but how we continue to be a joke for the rest of the competition to laugh at.

I deadset reckon Manly, Dogs, Tigers fans get more joy seeing us implode then actually winning.
It’s the first time in their history that they have scored over 40 in the NRL. I had to laugh at BA’s bench rotation. Everyone could see that Lussick was gone yet it took a concussion for him to put his overrated superstar junior to come on. And the concussion wasn’t with Lussick either. He kept that hack on.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It’s the first time in their history that they have scored over 40 in the NRL. I had to laugh at BA’s bench rotation. Everyone could see that Lussick was gone yet it took a concussion for him to put his overrated superstar junior to come on. And the concussion wasn’t with Lussick either. He kept that hack on.
Gold coast titans scored 40 for the 1st time in there history against us as well If I recall.

The game we took Mudgee back in 2013.

Forever letting new clubs come in and break records against us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Panthers gave us a 20 year headstart, and we have been operating in NSW's second-biggest CBD - yet Penrith have built a powerhouse, and we've built an outhouse, built on top of an Indian burial ground, built on top of a landfill full of broken mirrors.

It's disgusting, embarrassing, and just not good enough - if you're a fan, and actually give a f**k about the club.

If you're a board member, then everything is fine - we have the club's longest-serving coach at the helm, who has won more spoons, than Premierships, and we have stability.

So, everything is awesome.

Burn this whole f**king club to the ground - you're a disgrace to the legends of Ken Thornett, Jack Gibson, Ray Price, et al.

Wally21

Bench
From the lame but publicised rope exercise in the preseason to hiding Carty's bag to having the worst outside back recruitment in the history of the club to a stale coach who has no self awareness and amateur tactics.

To the stupid white jerseys that everyone hates, to the moronic "Parra's in the tunnel" manufactured chant to our insistence of sacrificing a home game to f**king Darwin against teams that are climatised to the heat to not having won a f**king thing since 1986.

We are a monumental failure.
That f**king rope excercise and the bag thing were embarrassing.
The Riff did something similar at the start of 2020. Difference was they did a survival course with CERT (QLD version of our Tactical Response group or SOG) which had them all broken by the end of the course. No egos. No stupid bag shit. They were too tired and broken to do that shit.
my brother in-law was one of the trainers on the course and he said all the bravado was gone by lunch on day 1

lingard

Coach
I would start with f**king off the head coach - and then, after the dust has settled, see what we need then. I think the players have lost confidence in Arthurs' methods and are just going through the motions. It can happen in any workplace.

Chipmunk

Coach
Who actually voted this board in? Guys from TCT and maybe a few on here?
No one voted them in. No one will ever vote for anyone onto the NRL Club Board ever again. With the exception of the two Leagues Club nominees, the other five just get to choose who else they want to hang out with forever on the board when one of them decides to leave. This is a recipe for constantly mediocrity. Success in business is making money...that is not the only measure of success in the NRL.

Eventually the media will pile onto the board and they will just start to quit, and those left will find some like minded friends to just carry on the mediocrity.

It works OK when you're going well on the field. Once you lose your way on the field, the board structure will have you just stagnating with no way out.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA told the world that he likes to play an 80 minute hooker. (Except of cause if Jake is on the bench). Come hell or high water he isnt going to admit hes wrong. This my friend is the issue. The guy has been promoted to his level of incompetence.

Chipmunk

Coach
His 80 min hooker missed 5 tackles with another 5 being ineffective.
You see, the stats never show all the work that you should be doing, it only shows what you have done.

The biggest issue here is there was another 20 tackles where it was the 9's job to be in a position to make those tackles.

He only made 34 tackles in total...with the amount of possession the Dolphins had, your 9 needed to make at least 50 tackles in that match. His missed tackles should actually be at least 20.

It was always going to be dumb tactics for our team to play with one 9 for 80 minutes, given the options we have for 9's in the squad.