What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webb tackle Grade 5

Roosterphin

Juniors
Bollocks!!

Just beacuse the guy lost a couple of teeth. Ive seen the tackle numerous times and by no means was it Grade 5...ie the worst grade. Hit his shoulder first. Have seen plenty worse.

Absolute joke NRL judiciary!

Pigskin

Juniors
your just upset because your now realising that Steve Crouch will be taking on the Broncos this week in your colours lol

wouldn't have been looking forward to it a couple of weeks ago .... but we're specials to make it a really Good Friday now

Oink !

The Colonel

Immortal
Lost teeth and a hairline fracture of the upper jaw. Still on par with a few that have been missed or given a week only. Is it the kid's first offence? IMO I thought that the Morley tackle and Webb's tackle would have been given a similar suspension however I thought that Morley may have been very lucky with a week only judging on other suspensions handed down this year.

skeepe

Immortal
According to the report on the Fox Sports website yesterday, Webb was charged with a number of high tackles of varying grades, and they added them all up or something and came up with grade 5.

Hmmm... I watched the game twice and have to admit, I didn't see much in it or any of Webbs tackles. He shot relatively high, but who doesn't?

Wests is Best

Juniors
I am confused :?: This Webb dude tackles him around the head and Swain gets 3 teeth knocked out? I think the evidence is pretty conclusive. If that isn't a grade 5, then what is a grade 5?? Decapitation maybe?

Having said that I'm not 100% on how the gradings work. Does a players past history get taken into account before an incident is graded, or is it just taken on the merits of the offence only?

Fibroman

First Grade
The roosters are a team full of cheap shot artists. Just add Webb to the ever expanding list.

dice

Juniors
skeepe said:
According to the report on the Fox Sports website yesterday, Webb was charged with a number of high tackles of varying grades, and they added them all up or something and came up with grade 5.

It doesn't sound legal. I doubt that would be the case.

Yet another case of being charged for the result rather than the crime. IMO, Webb should plea that he was stoned and that he was not in control of himself. He would then get off scott free. Then when the NRL tries to punish him for drug taking he would also get off scott free because nobody bothered to take a drug sample at the time. Webb could then sue the NRL for damage to his arm sustained during the tackle.

Such is the society we live in.

I didn't think it was that bad on watching it, but it must have been to cause that damage.

But I reckon Rodney and Swain shouldn't be hitting it up like props - even without illegal tackles they're going to get hurt because they're too small.

Anonymous

Juniors
He caught him flush on the mouth with a loose arm. How could it be graded less than 5? Tackle's arer graded on danger. Are you saying even given swain's 3 lost teeth means the tackle wasn't bloody dangerous?

He smashed him in the mouth, hard enough to break bones and teeth....

But yeah, you are right...it wasnt that bad.... :roll:

dice

Juniors
There was an extra player involved in the tackle and the tackled player was falling at the time of impact. There was nothing malicious about it and when asked Lewis acknowledged there was nothing in the tackle.

If we are going to start punishing players for the result rather than the crime maybe they should consider letting Greg Bird play next week. It is not like Marteene got injured.

Roosterphin

Juniors
nospam49 said:
He smashed him in the mouth, hard enough to break bones and teeth....

But yeah, you are right...it wasnt that bad.... :roll:

a) It was no way intentional and
b) it hit his shoulder first.

Im just saying that because he lost teeth shouldnt instantly make it the worst tackle ever

Anonymous

Juniors
Oh that's absolute bullshit.

Punish people on the inherent danger in the tackle. And the potential impact of the tackle. Bird's could have broken a jaw and is not in the spirit of the game. Webb's connected and did break poor swain's jaw. Go tell swain there was nothing in the tackle. :roll:

dice

Juniors
I meant Swain not Lewis. Swain said there was nothing in the tackle. It's not the first time it has happened to him either so it's obvious he has a glass jaw.

I agree punish on the inherent danger in the tackle. That's the point, the tackle was accidental and no different to many tackles that have been let off. Why make it a grade 5 just because some teeth went missing. Morley's was worse than that.

Roosterphin

Juniors
dice said:
I meant Swain not Lewis. Swain said there was nothing in the tackle. It's not the first time it has happened to him either so it's obvious he has a glass jaw.

I agree punish on the inherent danger in the tackle. That's the point, the tackle was accidental and no different to many tackles that have been let off. Why make it a grade 5 just because some teeth went missing. Morley's was worse than that.

Exactly my point Dice....this is the first Grade 5 tackle and I wouldnt have thought that it was the worst tackle since the grading system was introduced.

Anonymous

Juniors
If swain thinks there was nothing in it, he's obviously adhering to the football code of talking down tackles. Tough bastard he is.

Bullshit Morely's was worse. There was nothing in morley's, he cuffed him. The inside of Webb's arm hit swain's mouth. Perhaps unintentional but lazy and dangerous.

dice

Juniors
Webb was at full stretch tackling a falling player with another roosters player in the way. Morley had every opportunity to go low.

Shifty

Juniors
Dice said
There was an extra player involved in the tackle and the tackled player was falling at the time of impact. There was nothing malicious about it and when asked Lewis acknowledged there was nothing in the tackle.

He certainly wasn't falling at the time, he was lifted after he was hit by Webb and thumped into the ground, but that part of the tackle was fine.

Swain said he was told by the dentist that his teeth would have been easily knocked out due to problems he required braces for when he was young, however the fractured jaw proves how dangerous the tackle was.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
If Swain didnt brake his jaw and lose his teeth nothing would have come of the tackle i dont think. It didnt look that bad to me, it was a good hit.