What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 16

thorson1987

Coach
f**king Dez.

Makes amazing catches off difficult throws.

Drops a f**king sitter and also a simple fumble.

nick87

Coach
Can’t believe Santa got me a Dallas cowboys season ending shitting of the bed for Christmas!!

kurt faulk

Coach

the espn qbr stat is the most ridiculous stat ever conjured up by anybody involved in the nfl. there have been many examples of it's uselessness and below says it all, a post on a rams site.

Goff: 22/38, 301 yards, 4 TD, 0 Int.

QBR? 31.1..... :ROFLMAO:

Can we finally be done with this random BS non-statistic?

Btw Mariota: 22/39, 275 yards, 0 TD, 1 Int.

QBR...? 41.0.

Mariota actually had a QBR of 44.9 earlier this season on a 4 Int game and his QBR on the season, 12 TD, 15 Int is 55.4. Goff's at 28 TD, 7 Int is 48.4.

haha, lordy lordy me.

espn, the leader in bullshit.

nick87

Coach
That was as ugly as it gets
Entire offence brought the stink. But the #1 seed is locked up

Road to the super bowl goes through Philly

skeepe

Immortal
That was as ugly as it gets
Entire offence brought the stink. But the #1 seed is locked up

Road to the super bowl goes through Philly

Are we sure David Carr hasn’t stolen his brother’s identity? What a regression, from MVP candidate to JaMarcus Russell impersonator.

beave

Coach
Are we sure David Carr hasn’t stolen his brother’s identity? What a regression, from MVP candidate to JaMarcus Russell impersonator.

Agreed mate. But some of the dropped passes are not on him IMO. Some pretty shitty catching all year and last night have killed the raiders.

James Harrison is apparently about to sign with the Pats this arvo....... hahahaha. FMD.

If the patriots are in another superbowl, the internet will melt down.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Agreed mate. But some of the dropped passes are not on him IMO. Some pretty shitty catching all year and last night have killed the raiders.

James Harrison is apparently about to sign with the Pats this arvo....... hahahaha. FMD.

If the patriots are in another superbowl, the internet will melt down.

I forgave the Patriots for all their sins when they gave me Jimmy GQ as an early Christmas present.

They can SB for the next 2-3 years for all I care because it will be lean after that.

beave

Coach
I forgave the Patriots for all their sins when they gave me Jimmy GQ as an early Christmas present.

They can SB for the next 2-3 years for all I care because it will be lean after that.

laughing-bill-belichick.jpg

nick87

Coach

He’s been awful this year
The eagles were begging the raiders to take that game, but between the fumbles and those AWFUL int’s from Carr... they couldn’t do it

beave

Coach
Well my last game on Sunday was like the f$&@ing first on this trip, another heartbreaking loss by my Bucs. Copped a bit of shit from some Panthers fans but my retort of ‘win a SB then come jaw off to me’ was met with silence (probably because they couldn’t understand my accent....) and some other Panthers fans were fantastic and wanted to chat about football and converse like adults.

A05CEBA4-28D0-4EBF-8DC5-EB269B2BF969_zpsdudtiql3.jpg

This trip has really just rammed home to me how fantastic the NFL is and my passion for the Bucs. If any of you lads are tossing up wether to head over to the states and watch your team play, I highly reccommend it. I have been to a few stadiums over here over 16 odd years and watched NFL games but all bias aside, the experience I had at Raymond James stadium a couple of weeks ago will be a memory I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Not sure when I will make it back as this trip has destroyed my bank balance but it has been a mega fun experience.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

Bucs Chris Baker smiling after the game and his big encroachment penalty led to scuffle in the locker room

Rick StroudTimes staff writer
MORE ARTICLES

Published: December 26, 2017
Updated: December 26, 2017 at 04:17 PM

An ugly screaming match that erupted into a scuffle between teammates in the locker room following the Bucs 22-19 loss at Carolina Sunday involved the off-sides penalty by defensive tackle Chris Baker.

Apparently, several Bucs players took issue with Baker smiling and lack-of-remorse attitude following the game.

During the incident, captured on the post-game radio show, linebacker Lavonte David is heard yelling to stop quarterback Jameis Winston from confronting Baker.

"Yo, yo, Jameis! Jameis! Jameis!'' David shouts.

Then middle linebacker Kwon Alexander begins swearing at Baker. David left the interview to intervene.

Here was the flash point.

The Bucs were up 19-15 with 3:05 to play and the ball on the Panthers 31-yard line. It was fourth-and-7. Coach Dirk Koetter tried to make it a seven-point lead.

Patrick Murray missed a 51 yarder wide right. The Panthers took over at the Tampa Bay 41 and in four plays were deep into Bucs' territory. Facing fourth-and-3 at the 5-yard line, Baker was warned by defensive tackle Gerald McCoy and others to watch the hard count of quarterback Cam Newton, who had drawn several encroachment penalties.

"Yeah, he had a good hard count,'' Baker said. "We were aware of that at the beginning of the game. We've got to be aware of his hard count. I just had a mental error, because right before the snap, Gerald and the other guys told me to be alert for the hard count and I just got anxious and made a bad play.''

McCoy confirmed he had warned Baker.

"Yes I did,'' McCoy said. "Whatever. Moving on. Next.''

The penalty made it a much easier fourth-and-1 situation for running back Jonathan Stewart to convert.

On the next play, Newton fumbled the snap but still ran for the winning touchdown.

Baker, who signed a three-year, $15.75-million contract as a free agent from the Redskins, hasn't lived up to expectations this season. He has 32 tackles and a half sack.

What's more, some players and coaches feel as if his attitude has been poor from the beginning in terms of effort, especially given what the Bucs are paying him. Unfortunately, the level of accountability demonstrated in the locker room Sunday didn't happen earlier in the season or training camp.

Latest posts