What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week #4

Tomahawk

Staff member
Bulls Win!! Bulls Win!! Bulls Win!!

Bulls were to much for the Wildcats to handle, even with the Cats new edition of Nate Smith.

Score 40-34

Bulls are now 4-0
Wildcats are now 1-1

More to come and keep updated to www.AMNRL.com

Tomahawk

roopy

Referee
Good result.

The season is interesting now.

The Bulls, the Slayers and the wildcats are all in the hunt - and all the other sides should keep them honest and may provide a few upsets along the way.

Every season is better than the last.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Roopy;

I think you are 100% on tarket.

The Fight are alot better from last year.

The Raiders are a new team, wih some unexperienced players, but are very good. When they get thier stuff together watch out.

Sharks can play bad one week, and play like champions the next week. Never count them out.

The Knights are still rebuilding from thier 2003 championship. However, they still have Kazoo, Matt Astill, and Christian. With those three players playing that team has to be a threat.

Then for the Manta rays they have some tallent. Tim Griffin is not back yet, so they are still missing one of thier top players. Watch out the Manta rays could make a late charge.

Lets talk about the Bulls/Cats game. The Bulls jumped out to an early lead of 16-0. However, the Cats played like the champions they are and never gave up. The Cats were down by 12 at the half, and opened up the 2nd half with two quick tries. But the Bulls wanted thier revenge from last years championship, and took back control of the game, and never gave it back to the Cats.

The Bulls play the Knights next week, then the Raiders, both home games. They then travel down the shore to play either the Manta rays, Fight, or Slayers. The Bulls will then finish up thier season playing the Wildcats on thier home field. It is still a long way for the Bulls to go. However, getting back the 2004 C.D. Ferrainolla trophy is looking good for the Bulls.

The Cats still have makeup games to play with the Raiders and the Slayers. Then they will either have to play the Sharks, Fight, or Manta rays down the shore. They then have to face the Bulls the last game of the regular season.

It is turning out to be a great 2004 AMNRL season.

Tomahawk

saddog

Juniors
Pity the seaon only goes for 8 weeks - those late charges should have stated 2 weeks ago!!

playfooty

Juniors
Couldn't possibly been the same Cats team as listed on their website - who were they missing? It mentions something like 5 Aussies and a few other international guys.

Tomahawk

Staff member
They only brought 15 guys.

Know they were missing Danny Bull.

However, Nate Smith was running with them.

They still had Grubsey, hotdog, stalutti, and others.

Maybee you got to think that the Bulls are a better team this year.

The Bulls played without Joe Becker, Kevin Deal, and Cory Sheridan. All three players are key players.

Tomahawk

Narcissist

Juniors
Is this the same Nate Smith that was going to suprise me in Australia? Maybe he should have stuck to punting. :lol:

Tomahawk

Staff member
Narcsisst;

Weren't you the one that was all over the Wilcats _ _ _ _? If I remember correctly you told the forum that the Wildcats are unbeatable. The Bulls proved you wrong, and from what I am hearing the Northern Raiders might prove you wrong also. Then the Cats also have to watchout for the Slayers. The Wildcats are still a great team, but not as good as they were.

Tomahawk

drinkin'

Juniors
Cats were missing Danny Bull (one of top 3 or 4 players in the US) and only had 2 subs, with a player getting injured early giving the bulls who had over 20 players a huge advantage in the sun, and they only won by 4, who know what will happen in the next match but I'm sure its worth watching

Tomahawk

Staff member
Drinkin;

You are right in everything you say. It would be safe to say you are a Wildcat player also. Let me say two more things that you failed to talked about also.

1) The Emu, the bird on the field, assisted in 2 of the Wildcats tries. Mike Edwards missed two easy tackles because the bird go in his way.

2) On the great run by Stalutie (misspelled) most of the Bulls defense slid down and we got burt on the outside. Then on the next kickoff I got burnt on the outside.

So take your assist from the bird, and me getting burnt like I did. Don't make it sound like the Cats only lost because they only brought 16 players. Remember the Cats had Nate Smith and some players from the Northern Raiders playing for them.

Danny Bull is a huge loss. He is a person you can not replace.

Tomahawk

drinkin'

Juniors
Tomahawk, I was in Vegas...., and thats what I heard about the game, I'm benchwarmer any way....., see you guys at the shore this weekend

gothecats

Juniors
Tomahawk, there were no Raiders playing on that Wildcat team nor will there ever be. The Raiders will have no Wildcats play on their team either. They are two seperate teams as you will see by the two full squads this weekend. Just to get the numbers straight, the Cats came down with 14 and had 1 injury in the first half bring it down to 13. We will not use that as an excuse. You, however, are using a bird as an excuse? We may have now heard it all.

Loser

Juniors
T'Hawk whines about everthing. He brings up every excuse after a loss you could think of.
That said I've seen both teams play & if I had a $100 I'd put it all on the bulls to win.
The cats are good but not as good as the bulls this year. Their imports are nothing special (give me another steluttie or another more Danny Bull than these imports.)

Tomahawk

Staff member
Loser;

You are on target again.Yes I would take a Bull or a steluttie any time.

Gothecats;

Was not using the bird as an excuse, all I was is stating a fact. We won the match, we are still undefeated, and are still in 1st place of the Lincoln conference. You guys only brought 14 guys thats on you, you should know injuries happen. We traveled to the Raiders and brought 17, because injuries happen. I stated ba fact in one of are 2nd rowers, who is a Tomahawk player, missed 2 tackles beause a bird got in his way. This guy does not miss tackles.My opion is the match should have been stoped. If you want to say I am using that as an excuse, go ahead. The real reason the Wildcats stayed with the Bulls was because on Steluttie's running. Then the Cats saw the oppertunity on the outside and took advantage of it. If Staluttie did not have the big runs her had, the Bulls would have won by 3 tries.