What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weezer and Oasis

Dread

Juniors
Had no idea Weezer had a new one on the way. It's been aaaages. Should be exciting though.

Alex28

Coach
i could have sworn i heard "Undone (The Sweater Song)" the other day with new lyrics...thats the new single right?

just like i heard "Clocks" the other day with new lyrics but it was introduced as Coldplays new single...

crazy john

Juniors
Yes I agree that 'Lyla' is shite. However, a few of Oasis' other new songs leaked on the net a couple of weeks ago and I managed to download 'Let There Be Love' and 'Keep The Dream Alive' (of course I will be buying the album when it comes out though). These two are supposed to be in the top few songs on the album and they aren't too bad. Certainly not 'Definately Maybe' or 'What's The Story Morning Glory' material, but still quite good.

I actually really liked 'Heathen Chemistry' and would rate it higher than 'Definatley Maybe' - i hope this new album follows in the same style of HC

Balmain_Boy

Higher than definately maybe? Heathen Chemistry has a couple of awesome songs, but they're few and far between.

Hanging out for both CDs anyway.

L.P.P

Juniors
Yeah i really didnt like lyla when i first heard it but it has really grown on me
For anyone who cares here is a list of new release albums due out in may & June

Oasis Dont Belive the Truth - 30th may
Weezer - Make Belive - 9th May
Ryan Adams - Cold Roses (Limited Edition 2cd) 9 May
GO BETWEENS - OCEANS APART: 2CD LIMITED EDITION 2MD May
Lifehouse -Lifhouse - 2nd May
Limp BiZKIT - Unquestionable Truth Part 1 (Limited Edition) 2nd May
Nine Inch Nails - White Teeth - 2nd May
Audioslave - Out Of Exile - 23rd May

While the 3 big ones in june are

Coldplay x and y - 6th June
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan - 6th June
Billy Corgan - Thefutureembrace 21 june

I actually really liked 'Heathen Chemistry' and would rate it higher than 'Definatley Maybe' - i hope this new album follows in the same style of HC

I don't think Oasis have done anything near as good as their first two albums. But HC was probably the best since then.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I've no interested in the new Oasis album. IMO, they peaked with Morning Glory. Be Here Now was shite & Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants was only slightly better.

The Masterplan B-sides CD was actually better than some of their other releases.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really liked Heathen Chemistry, personally.

Looking forward to the new Weezer album, although I agree that their newer stuff doesn't come close to the older stuff. Still love listening to El Scorcho jacked right up.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
L.P.P said:
Yeah i really didnt like lyla when i first heard it but it has really grown on me
For anyone who cares here is a list of new release albums due out in may & June

Oasis Dont Belive the Truth - 30th may
Weezer - Make Belive - 9th May
Ryan Adams - Cold Roses (Limited Edition 2cd) 9 May
GO BETWEENS - OCEANS APART: 2CD LIMITED EDITION 2MD May
Lifehouse -Lifhouse - 2nd May
Limp BiZKIT - Unquestionable Truth Part 1 (Limited Edition) 2nd May
Nine Inch Nails - White Teeth - 2nd May
Audioslave - Out Of Exile - 23rd May

While the 3 big ones in june are

Coldplay x and y - 6th June
White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan - 6th June