What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weezer and Oasis

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Bazal said:
CC_Eagle said:
Bazal said:
Most exciting out of the whole bunch, CC :D

So true! :D

Going tonight buddy?

Went to the Canberra show....the boys had to pull out :(

Under unfortunate circumstances, but it's totally understandable. I think it's fantatsic that the guys did any shows on the tour after what happened, especially at the time that it did. Couldn't think of a worse time imo.

Anyway, Shihad totally blew the pants off Grinspoon...

As part of my had squad duties I helped promo the band afterwards by handing out flyers,stickers,badges and just generally informing people about the new album and tour.

Highlight - spending almost an hour with the band after the gig chatting,photos etc.

Bazal

Post Whore
CC_Eagle said:
Bazal said:
CC_Eagle said:
Bazal said:

Going tonight buddy?

Under unfortunate circumstances, but it's totally understandable. I think it's fantatsic that the guys did any shows on the tour after what happened, especially at the time that it did. Couldn't think of a worse time imo.

As part of my had squad duties I helped promo the band afterwards by handing out flyers,stickers,badges and just generally informing people about the new album and tour.

Highlight - spending almost an hour with the band after the gig chatting,photos etc.

Yeah I understood them pulling out, they've done well to play any shows I reckon. Upset that I missed them but some things are more important than doing a show....

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Bazal said:
CC_Eagle said:
Bazal said:
CC_Eagle said:
Bazal said:

Going tonight buddy?

Yeah I understood them pulling out, they've done well to play any shows I reckon. Upset that I missed them but some things are more important than doing a show....

True that mate.

They have a bunch of new dates up for sale. The highlight being a gig at The Enmore on August 27th.

Btw, I have a feeling my copy of LITNH will be waiting for me in the mailbox tomorrow... :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Thought mine would be....but it wasn't :cry: Have to look into those new dates....

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I emailed the manager of the place I ordered it from. He said 5-7 working days and that I should have it by Wednesday. :D

L.P.P

Juniors
Just finished listening to the new Weezer album and i was mighty impressed. Ive heard that it was described as a mixture of the blue album meets Pinketon meets english rock, but i did not believe it until listening to it - 5 stars from me

crazy john

Juniors
L.P.P said:
Just finished listening to the new Weezer album and i was mighty impressed. Ive heard that it was described as a mixture of the blue album meets Pinketon meets english rock, but i did not believe it until listening to it - 5 stars from me

Agreed.

I reckon the best songs on there would have to be Perfect Situation, Peace, The Damage In Your Heart, Freak Me Out, and the best one Hold Me. The only let down would have to be We're All On Drugs.

Bazal

Post Whore
CC_Eagle said:
I emailed the manager of the place I ordered it from. He said 5-7 working days and that I should have it by Wednesday. :D

Got mine today:) ....It rocks.....and even better, it's signed!!!!\\\\:D/ No idea how it happened, but :D

Balmain_Boy

New Oasis CD is great. It's no What's the Story or Defo Maybe. But i'd probably rank it behind the 3. Awesome CD, especially if you're a fan of their early stuff.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Balmain_Boy said:
New Oasis CD is great. It's no What's the Story or Defo Maybe. But i'd probably rank it behind the 3. Awesome CD, especially if you're a fan of their early stuff.

I heard the single on VH1 - neither here nor there, IMO. Trading off past glories...

Latest posts