What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Back Luciano

Dragon David

First Grade
The NRL stood him down for 11 rounds last year for something which prosecutors decided not to pursue. They then expect Luc to self report 0.052 to the club/nrl so he can cop more punishment on top of the stand down?
Strange times indeed
Our management won't tolerate rubbish - been too much over the past few years. LL's contract surely will have umpteen conditions in his contract that if he breaks anyone of them, then see you later.

The problem is that when a player like LL has previous baggage, the eyes will be on him wherever he goes and whatever he does and if there is the slightest trouble, he will cop it.

I still think with his troubles, the club is wise to consider on going counselling.

It’s helped many other players such as Jimmy the Jet and Jackson Hastings.

@Happy MEel and I have discussed the benefits of seeing things from other peoples perspectives and not being too judgmental in our private lives at least.

Help him find peace and happiness ripping in for SGI and the Kogarah lifestyle.

Juniors
Just over the limit, but driving drunk anyway.

Fails to disclose to his then club and NRL.

Snitched on by local editor, Payten and the club very angry on top of poor training attitude and other issues.

So there should be a bit of desperation about him to perform. Which is good for SGI.

I think it’s likely SGI we’re told about it but I’m not sure of the NRL integrity baggage. Probably a fine, but maybe be the NRL want to make an example of him? If players aren’t going to disclose stuff, then all bets are off.

It’s an interesting quandary.

Plus he’s got form. DV allegations, reported by neighbours and not the victim. We have a legal system, but it’s still concerning to me. The report said he accepted an ADVO without admissions. Even if charges are dropped, he’s still got an ADVO.

He could have fought that….but he didn’t. Maybe there was a deal?

source:

If he plays in women in league round with an active ADVO protecting a women, the game needs an upper cut.

Payten had decided he’d had enough. Showed some courage and leadership.

Anyway, let’s hope he behaves and repays some faith.

Also for his mum, maybe he’s not handling that. I’d say he needs some professional counselling, help him along.
No shame with that.
Why would he bother fighting the restraining order. Why would there be a deal? Why does the NRL need an uppercut if he plays in womens round?

Why would he bother fighting the restraining order. Why would there be a deal? Why does the NRL need an uppercut if he plays in womens round?

He would would fight the restraining order because it’s an order on him. It prohibits certain conduct or he may face actual criminal charges. Contesting It would clear his name from any suspicion that his conduct intimidated his victim and she was or is fearful of him.

He’s accepted it without admitting to it. Why would he do that? If he hasn’t done anything why accept it? It’s not as if he can’t afford to fight it.

I think they may have taken the criminal charge off him if he accepted the ADVO.

The NRL should step in and prohibit guys on current ADVOs to play WR so to champion women victims. This would be appropriate in womens round, send a broader message.

Women have a right not to be subject to conduct that gives rise to ADVOs. So do men.

I think the NRL should embrace that and get f**king serious about DV.

Ask Luke Lewis about his mum being bashed senseless….Hes spoken up against DV many many times.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Can someone please explain to me why a grown man, earning a very decent income, would go to court without legal representation ? Dressed like he's finished off his fish and chips.

I want this guy to rip in this season. You blew 0.052... Get a lawyer FFS..

I am not condoning drink driving, but many years back I was pulled over on Parramatta road after a function. I was asked whether or not I had been drinking and said yes. The cop then asked me to pull over and take 15 minutes before he tested me. I was just under.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the waiting periods.

If Lucy had been drinking closer in time before he was driving, his blood result or a 15 minute wait might had resulted in a higher reading.

Low range used to be 0.08, but it was considered too pissed.

I worry about simplifying it In terms of 3 drinks etc.

It’s bad enough having to drive sober with all of the idiots on the road these days.

My last near accident was someone suddenly lane changing. No time for the horn, brake and swerve. Lucky my car could handle it. He apologised with his hazards. I rolled my eyes but drove on normally.

Hopefully he or she checks their blind spot next time.

And if we are law and ordering, let’s see cops leave their firearms at work and then use them at work only.

I think the stats say more of them kill themselves than other people.

Too dangerous.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
How predictable was this. The press held on to this until he signed for Saints. I mentioned it in a previous post as soon as there was a sniff Luc would be a saint.
Unless this is a "Mandela effect", im 100%sure this incident was already reported like a few weeks ago, it feels like they didnt get enough ratings the first time as it was a small article, so now they have gone the full page article.

TheRev

First Grade
How predictable was this. The press held on to this until he signed for Saints. I mentioned it in a previous post as soon as there was a sniff Luc would be a saint.
It was such a cheap shot in their exit "press release" , but from a PR perspective, easy way for them to take the moral high-road out of releasing the player early, no blowback from their fans..

Juniors
He would would fight the restraining order because it’s an order on him. It prohibits certain conduct or he may face actual criminal charges. Contesting It would clear his name from any suspicion that his conduct intimidated his victim and she was or is fearful of him.

He’s accepted it without admitting to it. Why would he do that? If he hasn’t done anything why accept it? It’s not as if he can’t afford to fight it.

I think they may have taken the criminal charge off him if he accepted the ADVO.

The NRL should step in and prohibit guys on current ADVOs to play WR so to champion women victims. This would be appropriate in womens round, send a broader message.

Women have a right not to be subject to conduct that gives rise to ADVOs. So do men.

I think the NRL should embrace that and get f**king serious about DV.

Ask Luke Lewis about his mum being bashed senseless….Hes spoken up against DV many many times.
A restraining order just says your going to be a good boy so why fight it unless you intend not to be. It is not an admission of guilt or suspicion. It is not uncommon for solicitors to advice clients to accept restraining orders unless it is subject to more serious or complex matters. Considering how many orders are out there not that many are contested.
Why in hell would the cops withdraw a criminal charge if he accepts a restraining order? This makes no sense at all and would never happen. It would appear that there was lack of evidence to establish a prima facie case and the criminal matter dropped.
So your plan is to ban nrl players with restraining orders only on womens round? Mind you they are not guilty of anything nor brought the game into disrepute. Will you ban the NRLW players subject to restraining orders as well?
What has luke lewis got to do with this?
DV is a serious matter but trying to make Luciano a scapegoat or posterboy for DV is just wrong

A restraining order just says your going to be a good boy so why fight it unless you intend not to be. It is not an admission of guilt or suspicion. It is not uncommon for solicitors to advice clients to accept restraining orders unless it is subject to more serious or complex matters. Considering how many orders are out there not that many are contested.
Why in hell would the cops withdraw a criminal charge if he accepts a restraining order? This makes no sense at all and would never happen. It would appear that there was lack of evidence to establish a prima facie case and the criminal matter dropped.
So your plan is to ban nrl players with restraining orders only on womens round? Mind you they are not guilty of anything nor brought the game into disrepute. Will you ban the NRLW players subject to restraining orders as well?
What has luke lewis got to do with this?
DV is a serious matter but trying to make Luciano a scapegoat or posterboy for DV is just wrong
You are pretty much wrong on most of what you’ve said here.

I can take you through it if you want or we can agree to disagree.

Police don’t run around putting ADVOs on people because they feel like it.

People don’t accept ADVOs without admissions because they “may as well.”

I’m standing by my position on the NRL prohibiting players on ADVOs from playing in women’s round.

Lucy should think about what he’s done with all these things and try to change himself for the better.

Last edited:

Juniors
You are pretty much wrong on most of what you’ve said here.

I can take you through it if you want or we can agree to disagree.

Police don’t run around putting ADVOs on people because they feel like it.

People don’t accept ADVOs without admissions because they “may as well.”

I’m standing by my position on the NRL prohibiting players on ADVOs from playing in women’s round.

Lucy should think about what he’s done with all these things and try to change himself for the better.
No please take me through it. You comment on a lot of law and enforcement issues but a lot of it suggests that your not qualified, experienced or have enough knowledge in these matters to call people out. Similar your comment about police and firearms at home suggests you know little about it. I love people to have differing opinions about things. But when you start calling people out about things you dont really know about try a little research or better talk with people that work in that field. It will change you for the better.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Can someone please explain to me why a grown man, earning a very decent income, would go to court without legal representation ? Dressed like he's finished off his fish and chips.

I want this guy to rip in this season. You blew 0.052... Get a lawyer FFS..

I am not condoning drink driving, but many years back I was pulled over on Parramatta road after a function. I was asked whether or not I had been drinking and said yes. The cop then asked me to pull over and take 15 minutes before he tested me. I was just under.
Even if you are over, they do a 2nd test 15 minutes later just in case.