What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well Done Chooks

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Well we won and I thought I should at least attempt to drag out the happy, sad and mad fans amongst us.

Seriously though although the game was far from fanatastic weather permitting, I thought we played pretty poorly in the 1st half handing Parra field position but, the 2nd half performance was far more encouraging. Mini is a freak, he is just fantastic.

Parramatta will whinge and complain about us being given all the good decisions, go for it.

I'm happy for the victory the boys can definately improve on the performance they know that....GO EASTS!!!

gimmecoq

Juniors
One of the greatest Rooster victories of all. Despite the lack of quality opposition, not too many teams could overcome such trying conditions and come away with such a resounding victory.

(told ya i'd find it roostargirl)

RoostarGirl

Juniors
:D I always read oppositions teams forum when we win always a good laugh...we never deserve to win its always the ref that helped us because the Roosters are crap and the dirtiest salary cap cheating team in the NRL :cool: oh I forgot the media darlings :shock:

Parra didn't deserve to win last night we played pretty poorly in the 1st half we gave them to 2 gift tries, one was a forward pass but still awarded.

Refs decisions were dodgy both ways, again what about the forward passes Parra threw last night and Petersen being offside at every opportunity.

BTW how is Morrisons eye??.

GO EASTS!!!

Sterling

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
:D I always read oppositions teams forum when we win always a good laugh...we never deserve to win its always the ref that helped us because the Roosters are crap and the dirtiest salary cap cheating team in the NRL :cool: oh I forgot the media darlings :shock:

Parra didn't deserve to win last night we played pretty poorly in the 1st half we gave them to 2 gift tries, one was a forward pass but still awarded.

Refs decisions were dodgy both ways, again what about the forward passes Parra threw last night and Petersen being offside at every opportunity.

GO EASTS!!!

morrisons eye? .. he should have acted like a pussy (like J cayless) and stayed down so the video ref had a look and then BYE BYE cross (who i must say is the ugliest thing i have ever seen!)

ozzie

Bench
Sterling said:
morrisons eye? .. he should have acted like a pussy (like J cayless) and stayed down so the video ref had a look and then BYE BYE cross (who i must say is the ugliest thing i have ever seen!)

Yes it was bad - but don't blame Cayless for lying down - he was sick hours after the game as reported by 2UE today. Shame you Parramatta supporters are just bad losers

hybrideel

Bench
we aren't all bad losers just a bit annoyed that morrisons hit which didn't look to be that bad, although i am not saying cayless took a dive got pulled up but the eye gouge which did look fairly ordinary was let go. and then to make it worse cross scores the 2 tries to win you the game. neither side were angels but that was a fairly low act. in the end we lost because we played poorly in the 2nd half and the roosters lifted and played better. on to next week

Sterling

Juniors
ozzie said:
Yes it was bad - but don't blame Cayless for lying down - he was sick hours after the game as reported by 2UE today. Shame you Parramatta supporters are just bad losers

he looked quite sick when he was on the bench after the incident :rolleyes:

Jae

Juniors
I think you just shot yourself in the foot. If he was faking it and just staying down for a penalty, why would he go off and spend the rest of the game on the bench in a desperately close game that could've gone either way?

The Colonel

Immortal
I've mentioned this in another thread. Its a big thing to be gracious in defeat (and a few Eels fans would do well to remember this) , and the Roosters played well and deserved their win.

Sometimes though the graciousness should be displayed by those who won on much the same level.

Nikki

Coach
Well said Colonel. I am gunna drag out the old cliche and say it was a game of two halves. We easily won the first one and you guys won the most important second half. But, had the ref done his job in the first place and sent Cross walking then it would have been a very different story.

RoostarGirl said:

I wouldnt be too cocky there. If I was a Roosters fan I woulda been prayin that Cross got sent off coz it probably woulda ended there. Now that it is going to be scrutinised further I think he may be in a fair bit of trouble. You may be without him for a fair few weeks.

BTW, how well did Heathy L'estrange go??!!?? :D

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Oh the type of reaction I expected :D

I'm the first to admit it looked ordinary, but do you think Cross actually hurt Morrison really??

Clarkieel

Juniors
i dont think it is a case of actually hurting him more the fact that he did it. similarly a knee lift into PJs head didnt hurt him but it still aint right. Well done to the roosters for winning in those conditions it could have gone either way.

melon....

Coach
there was nothing in the eye guge, he didnt even rake the eye. watch it in realtime, its not even there for a second, and cross pulled the hand awat when he quickly realised it was near the eye.
Cross will probably cop time, but why dont parra make a formal complaint?

ozzie

Bench
The Colonel said:
I've mentioned this in another thread. Its a big thing to be gracious in defeat (and a few Eels fans would do well to remember this) , and the Roosters played well and deserved their win.

Sometimes though the graciousness should be displayed by those who won on much the same level.

maybe we were pissed off with Smith's comments after the game and also yuor idiot fool fan that decided to smack the mascot in the nose - considering the guy was in a suit and couldn't defend himself, it really takes a coward to take a loss out on him. The paultry figure of a fine of $600.00 and a ban from the Aussie Stadium for the rest of the year wasn't enough - the clown should be banned from football games all over forever. And to think that you clowns think Bulldog fans are bad.

It appears to me Parramatta fans are great winners but lousy loosers. But it had to happen because it was the Easts first team against the East 2nd team.

I did have respect for Parramatta but between Smith and some fans you have lost me - I am so happy we beat you . Call me sour but who cares..

The Colonel

Immortal
Sour? Nope, I wouldn't do that but I do withdraw my congratulations ozzie. I thought you were a bit better than that.....I know you won't lose any sleep.

As for Smith having a whinge wasn't Ricky saying the same thing about similar incidents in the past? You may have lost respect for Parramatta and its fans - I'll sleep even better knowing that.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Yeah of course Sticky did the same thing.

Difference. The players Sticky had a dig at were players that weren't in fact injured (McLinden) from memory straight after being awarded the penalty jumped to his feet and played the entire match. Another player namely (Shane Walker) everyone knew he wasn't injured completely obvious same thing played on without a drama. Cayless on the other hand was taken from the field before it was put on report at a critical time of the match, and he was throwing up well into the night after the match.

As for the eye situation and Cross, like I said earlier was he injured?? no, and the reason I said that was because like Melon said watch it real time lucky to be there a second and then Cross did quickly remove his hand when he realised. The fact that he wasn't injured proves that also.

However, he will get time....but I don't think it was as bad as people are making it out.

The Colonel

Immortal
Actually I disagree, its not as bad as most Rooster fans think - put the shoe on the other foot and you'd be singing from the rooftops. While he didn't stay down its no pointer to say he wasn't injured - I take it your an expert in eye injuries? Maybe its not his go - but it happened and if the judiciary have the balls then the footage should be enough.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Actually I disagree, its not as bad as most Rooster fans think. While he didn't stay down its no pointer to say he wasn't injured - I take it your an expert in eye injuries?

I'll make it clearer is Morrison injured?? Where did I say that Morrison didn't stay down??? you are now mixing up my whole post.

When I was talking about staying down I was referring to Cayless/Smith affair not Morrison/Cross...I suggest you read my post in its entirety please. I have seperated the situations so there would be no confusion...so I thought

No I'm no expert in the eyes but I doesn't take an expert to know that if he was eye gouged he'd have some type of trauma in or around. Has he or hasn't he??? no one seems to know either way.

The Colonel

Immortal
RoostarGirl said:
I'll make it clearer is Morrison injured?? Where did I say that Morrison didn't stay down??? you are now mixing up my whole post.

When I was talking about staying down I was referring to Cayless/Smith affair not Morrison/Cross...I suggest you read my post in its entirety please. I have seperated the situations so there would be no confusion...so I thought

Cayless/Smith affair is quite different and not one I have any dispute with. I'm sure Nathan would have had words with Brian to tell him his brother was crook. Its a grey area and one that shouldn't be judged on by the video ref so things like what was said by both Ricky and Brian and taken advantage of by Walker don't happen.

No I'm no expert in the eyes but I doesn't take an expert to know that if he was eye gouged he'd have some type of trauma in or around. Has he or hasn't he??? no one seems to know either way.

No one seems to know either way - which is my point exactly.

Latest posts