What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Were we robbed?

shadow grinder

First Grade
i cna only find one article on sportal.co.nz about the storm vs warriors game and it doesnt have any of the above quotes in it at all.

Cloud9

I wish our forum were free of imposters and blow-ins like Iaefeta, Willow , philstorm....but i guess its a democracy and we just have to put up with these trolls.

philstorm

Juniors
Cloud9 said:
I wish our forum were free of imposters and blow-ins like Iaefeta, Willow , philstorm....but i guess its a democracy and we just have to put up with these trolls.

How the hell am I a troll for stating the truth? They were a better team and the only way we can go on to win the Grand Final is to get rid of the mistakes we made in that match.

Take a long hard look at what you post personally before you criticize others, because from what i've seen of your posts, it isn't much more than utter dribble.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cloud9 said:
I wish our forum were free of imposters and blow-ins like Iaefeta, Willow , philstorm....
Blow ins? lol.

1999 has been asked politely to provide the link. Its not an unreasonable request and it is in line with the forum guidelines - these guidelines apply to all members. 1999 is getting every chance to adhere to the request so as to avoid moderator invervention.
Cloud9 said:
but i guess its a democracy
No, its a online forum and like most forums, there are rules.
Cloud9 said:
and we just have to put up with these trolls.
You mean like in this thread:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=151535

Now...
I know you're just testing the boundaries Cloud, but do yourself a favour and familiarise yourself with the guidelines. The link to that is here: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/static/forumrules.asp

If you have any questions about this, my PM box is always open, as is the site's email.

Good luck.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Cloud9 said:

Not allowed to comment on a game that involved our team?

Iafeta

Referee
MONY said:
Not if you are a f**kwit. ](*,)

Guess that rules cloud9 out then.

lol @ a bloke with the name "storm" in his login being a troll in the Melbourne forum. philstorm mate, you've got to stop calling it as you see it. It's not allowed. Put the patch back on. cloud9's upset.

MONY

Juniors
IanRitchie said:
Simon Mannering?

How'd he go?

1 Try
13 runs for 94 metres (7 metres a run) *means all runs not just hitups*
1 Line Break
14 Tackles
3 Missed Tackles
0 Offload
0 Errors
0 Kicks

In comparison, he was marginally worse than King and slightly better than Webster.

Like the other 3 centres who played, his game was average leaning towards good!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
WHAT!?

He played good?

I thought you said he was sh*t and one of the worst centres in the game?

philstorm

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Guess that rules cloud9 out then.

lol @ a bloke with the name "storm" in his login being a troll in the Melbourne forum. philstorm mate, you've got to stop calling it as you see it. It's not allowed. Put the patch back on. cloud9's upset.

Yeh I should be more one-eyed in the future Iafeta, that seems to be the way Cloud would prefer all supporters to be. ;-)

stormman

Juniors
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Don't be such a sad mop you Storm people. Get over it, you lost end of story.

What a dickhead you are!!!. Now, f**k off back to your own forum.

1999, had an opinion and was free to express it which is what this site is about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1999 said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]from sportal.co.nz

...However, the Warriors profited from another blue by the match officials which resulted in the try that gave them their 24-20 victory.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]With just seven minutes left in the game, a Storm player kicked the ball close to the Warriors line and directly at the face of winger Manu Vatuvei, who raised his hands to protect his face or deflect the ball. [/FONT]
spac_writeAd("/site=s/area=s.stuff.sport.league/aamsz=300x250/ch=");

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]A touch judge thought Vatuvei did not deliberately play at the ball and the Warriors were granted possession, but the review indicated Vatuvei's hand appeared to follow the flight of the ball and push it upwards and into touch. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The committee decided after reviewing a third angle replayed from behind the goal line that Vatuvei played at the ball. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]From the resultant possession, Vatuvei charged down the left flank before passing to Webb to score.

hmmmm, although we still might not have won the game, it certainly cost us a shot at it, although after that matt king blunder, i really thought we threw our chance away, interesting though...
[/FONT]
Its actually from stuff.co.nz and here is the full article:

Webb should have received benefit of doubt

22 August 2006
null.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]SYDNEY: Brent Webb should been given the benefit of the doubt when he was denied a spectacular try for the New Zealand Warriors last Saturday, the National Rugby League's match review committee said today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Following up a Grant Rovelli grubber kick into the Melbourne Storm's goal area in the first half, Webb dived just before the ball reached the dead ball line, appearing to touch it down ahead of the Storm defenders. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]But when referee Tony Archer referred to video official Phil Cooley for his opinion, the Warriors were denied a try because of Cooley's view the ball was not properly grounded. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The match review committee said one camera angle showed Webb grounding the ball, but a reverse angle, while obscured, suggested Webb's hand may have come away from the ball. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"Benefit of the doubt should have been considered," the committee said. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]However, the Warriors profited from another blue by the match officials which resulted in the try that gave them their 24-20 victory. [/FONT]

However, the Warriors profited from another blue by the match officials which resulted in the try that gave them their 24-20 victory.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]With just seven minutes left in the game, a Storm player kicked the ball close to the Warriors line and directly at the face of winger Manu Vatuvei, who raised his hands to protect his face or deflect the ball. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]A touch judge thought Vatuvei did not deliberately play at the ball and the Warriors were granted possession, but the review indicated Vatuvei's hand appeared to follow the flight of the ball and push it upwards and into touch. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The committee decided after reviewing a third angle replayed from behind the goal line that Vatuvei played at the ball. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]From the resultant possession, Vatuvei charged down the left flank before passing to Webb to score. [/FONT]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3772918a10713,00.html

(Btw 1999, that's how you source articles)

As you can see, there are two different versions to this article:
1. The full version.
2. Your version.

Your version has selectively sliced out the headline incident thereby denying the balance - I'm sure it was the author's intention to have a balanced report. So the title of this thread is not backed up the article you selected.

As they say in the classics... sprung! ;-)

Juniors
for starters goose, i wasnt trying to hide anything, i was the 1st to admit that there were some questinable calls, my point was simply pointing out this one act that missed my eye in the game, i cut a piece out of a story and put it up for opinion, as it was the only part of the article that i felt was connected to my argument, i was talkin about the one incident, u guys changed it to a toothcomb over the whole game, stop crucifying me for just making a post, it is a forum after all, stubborn f**kin warriors fans, altohugh i apoligize for the source, simple mistake, but atleast i wasnt lying like all u guys thought i seemd to be, not that i had anything to gain from doing so, gooses

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1999 said:
for starters goose, i wasnt trying to hide anything, i was the 1st to admit that there were some questinable calls, my point was simply pointing out this one act that missed my eye in the game, i cut a piece out of a story and put it up for opinion, as it was the only part of the article that i felt was connected to my argument, i was talkin about the one incident, u guys changed it to a toothcomb over the whole game, stop crucifying me for just making a post, it is a forum after all, stubborn f**kin warriors fans, altohugh i apoligize for the source, simple mistake, but atleast i wasnt lying like all u guys thought i seemd to be, not that i had anything to gain from doing so, gooses
Geez 1999, you'd get eaten alive in 4C.

You failed to source the article, even though you were asked a few times. You were working outside of the forum rules. Read them.

I was helping you. Think about it.

And offcourse you're most welcomed, no need for thanks. I only searched out the article and then sourced the link for you. This being so you could remain within the member's guidelines.

It was either that or I delete it.... I opted for the harder but more light hearted approach (which went over your head). Given your response, there's something to be said for quick fixes. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

btw, its 'geese'... grown ups don't call them 'gooses'.

Juniors
sarcastic prick, i made an honest statement about an honest event that happened in a good game of footy and thought i sourced it correctly and im being strung up for it, how bout u f**kin back off, its people like u that make it so unenjoyable to visit these forums, everytime i start a thread i cop it coz im not a 'regular' and it gets called stupid, if u dont wanna read it, get lost, no one asked u to come here and post anyway, and unless its constructive or relating to the topic, shut ur trap goose