What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Perth Red

Post Whore
Limited edition Pirates launch Tee on sale now!
This T-shirt will never again be produced so get in quick to have your piece of Pirates history
ONLY $15 - Limited sizes available

visit the WA Rugby League web site for more information
http://warugbyleague.com.au/store/products/official-west-coast-pirates-tee/

487965_10150812258187325_1217802492_n.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ah the tshirt? They did a mock up of a grey tshirt with black logo which was awesome but never produced for sale sadly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What a great year for the game of RL in WA 2013 has been. We have seen new clubs start up in Mandurah (Storm) and Geraldton (Vikings). We saw the re emergence of the Willagee Bears after last years disaster when questions were being asked of their first grade future. WA once again dominated the State Championships taking home the titles in the Men's, Ladies and schoolboys and finishing runners up in the U18's. The game was reinvigorated in the Pilbara with the appointment of a new development officer and great gains made in the communities up in our North. The WA mens team played an absolute blinder in the NRL warm up game, defeating the powerful NSW Country Bulls team and sending a shockwave across the Nullarbor all the way to the east coast. Another tough but succesful WC Pirates SG Ball campaign saw many WA youngsters blooded in the toughest U18's RL comp in the world and go on to strengthen the WARL clubs or have a crack at the Holden Cup. Whilst the bid was quiet with little news or expansion talk a very important piece in the jigsaw was completed with the $120million redevelopment of nib and then..... who can forget that great night when over 20,000 packed it out to send the NRL a very clear message about how much WA loves its league. All in all a tremendous year and can't wait for 2014 when the excitement about expansion ramps up and the Pirates (hopefully) get the green light to set sail!

1380715_10202116163364384_1431276094_n.jpg

AuckMel

Bench
waReds_sgBall_rnd3_v_magpies_teamPhoto_s3.jpg

It's often said the game in WA is littered with ex-pat Kiwis and Islanders. That pic of the SG Ball squad indicates nothing could be further from the truth.

Hopefully the game continues to thrive over there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Someone mentioned our jersey (which I am not a big fan of our first attempt). I really like the classic RL look of the Wales RLWC2013 jersey so did a quick mock up of it in Pirates colours and logos. What do you think?

1385177_10202136518633253_914672329_n.jpg

Alternate for when we play the Panthers!

996623_10202136558074239_1505255140_n.jpg

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL ceo's praise for WA

NRL CEO Dave Smith said that he’s been happy to work with the Bulldogs to see another game scheduled in Perth.

“The passion for the game in Western Australia extends from the grass roots participation to the record crowd at nib Stadium for a game last year.

“There is a real appetite for Rugby League in Perth and I’m delighted to see the Bulldogs taking a game there next year.

“As support for the game grows we are seeing matches played across a national stage and Perth is a key destination.”

TheRam

Coach
Someone mentioned our jersey (which I am not a big fan of our first attempt). I really like the classic RL look of the Wales RLWC2013 jersey so did a quick mock up of it in Pirates colours and logos. What do you think?

1385177_10202136518633253_914672329_n.jpg

Alternate for when we play the Panthers!

996623_10202136558074239_1505255140_n.jpg

Awesome looking jerseys PR. Lets hope the marketing design people get it right and make them look something very, very much like these, except the collar, it is too high up.

They would be up there with the best in the comp, not that it is all that hard to beat most jersey designs in the NRL.

I mean how hard is it to pick a good strong V and put your colours around it and the colour band trim on the sleeves?

Hardly Versace now is it?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cheers yeh it shouldn't be hard. With the move to sublination printing designs have got messier and messier. Pick your clubs primary colours, keep it simple. Not hard! Pirates first jerseys are a classic example, got too fancy with side panels going all orangey. Just need to decide if primary club colour will be red or black then include the yellow.

Nuke

Staff member
My personal thoughts are that the main jersey's colour should be red, with the alternate jersey's main colour being yellow. Black should be the secondary colour on both jerseys.