What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

Naturally a childish response was to come after your post. In seriousness, this will be a great occasion for the West Australians and English alike.
The only Poms that would enjoy Perth are the ones from housing states in Hull.

A British woman who migrated to Australia three months ago says life is really tough and is alerting others not to follow in her footsteps.

Hannah, who is currently staying in Perth, has struggled to find a job and says she has cried for several days over the last few weeks.

So now, she says she wants to “de-influence” others from coming to Australia. Because according to her, life is very different here than what she believed it would be.

Looks like Perth Rat has a mate who whinges as much as him?

Bukowski

Juniors

Bennett then went onto say that he believes a club based out of Perth “should be one of” the teams next in line for an NRL licence.

“I have never spoken to Perth about doing anything with them, but I believe Perth should be one of the expansion teams,” Bennett said.

“We will have 20 teams in the next decade in the competition. Australia is getting bigger every day. That is how it works.

“They are very rugby league-aware now and have had a lot of teams over there and Origin games.

“A lot of people move to Perth from all over the world, but certainly there are a lot of Australians, English people and New Zealanders who know about rugby league.

“It is a huge area of income. They have got some of the biggest companies in Australia in Perth and Western Australia. It all makes a bit of sense, and they have got great facilities.”

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is not a matter of if but a matter of when for the NRL to return to Western Australia – that’s according to legendary coach Wayne Bennett.

The current Dolphins boss is reportedly set to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs from next season but hasn’t ruled out building a new Perth franchise as head coach – similar to what he has done at the Brisbane Broncos and most recently, Dolphins.
“Don’t write me out of anything, will you,” Bennett said today at a media scrum.

“Just let it all unfold and see where it goes and we will see where the expansion team comes in and what year it comes in.
“I have never spoken to Perth about doing anything with them but I believe Perth should be one of the expansion teams.
“We will have 20 teams in the next decade in the competition.
“Australia is getting bigger every day. That is how it works.”

The Perth-based Western Reds played two seasons in the ARL and one season in the Super League in 1997.
Bennett’s Dolphins host the Sydney Roosters at HBF Park in Perth on August 2.

MugaB

Coach
It is not a matter of if but a matter of when for the NRL to return to Western Australia – that’s according to legendary coach Wayne Bennett.

The current Dolphins boss is reportedly set to join the South Sydney Rabbitohs from next season but hasn’t ruled out building a new Perth franchise as head coach – similar to what he has done at the Brisbane Broncos and most recently, Dolphins.
“Don’t write me out of anything, will you,” Bennett said today at a media scrum.

“Just let it all unfold and see where it goes and we will see where the expansion team comes in and what year it comes in.
“I have never spoken to Perth about doing anything with them but I believe Perth should be one of the expansion teams.
“We will have 20 teams in the next decade in the competition.
“Australia is getting bigger every day. That is how it works.”

The Perth-based Western Reds played two seasons in the ARL and one season in the Super League in 1997.
Bennett’s Dolphins host the Sydney Roosters at HBF Park in Perth on August 2.

Looks like Wayne has set up his next contract after souffs, Benny and the Bears...
Yeah it's looking like Perth is garnering a push for 19th team.... just need the folks there to back themselves and come out with a bid... bite the bullet and talk to the N.bears/E.tigers whoever

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the take away from the interview with Cumins

his consortium want to go it alone, no bears link up
Rich backers and corporate support lined up
wont launch a public announcement bid Unless they know nrl is serious about a team in perth
Have everything In place if nrl wants a Perth club

also good news player regos are up 17% on last year

cinders7

Juniors
Some positive quotes from the NRL too

“Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later,” he said.
“I believe we could go from 18 to 19 teams in very quick time.
“We want to be in the best possible position for our next broadcast deal.
“The next deal is for 2028 onwards and we’ll be starting negotiations for broadcast very, very soon.”
“The premier over there is very passionate and wants a rugby league team, so we’re looking at them very seriously.
“We’re looking at an 18th team for 2027 or 2028. It won’t be 2026, it will be either 2027 or 2028, but that date we have to finalise.”

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wheres all the dckheads bleating for last 2 years about there being no Perth bid or rich backers now?

Perth NRL bid open to Bears, Jets liaison but would rather go alone​

Peter Cumins, chairman of a Perth consortium hoping to secure a new NRL franchise, is open to a partnership with North Sydney or Newtown but would prefer a stand-alone side.

“The people involved in the consortium are West Australians who love rugby league and would love to see a stand-alone team in Perth.

The bid headed by Cumins has five high-powered individuals as part of the consortium

We have met with Peter Tinley and the government on more than a dozen occasions over the last two years and they know our group well and what capacity we have,” Cumins said.

Cumins has other potential movers and shakers with significant wealth and acumen around rugby league keen to join the bid, which he has said “ticked all the boxes”.

“We have been told unofficially we will need to raise $30 million and we are confident we can raise that money,” he said.

“Now we have more clarity around expansion dates we can be more active in the market.”

Pippen94

First Grade
Wheres all the dckheads bleating for last 2 years about there being no Perth bid or rich backers now?

Peter Cumins, chairman of a Perth consortium hoping to secure a new NRL franchise, is open to a partnership with North Sydney or Newtown but would prefer a stand-alone side.

“The people involved in the consortium are West Australians who love rugby league and would love to see a stand-alone team in Perth.

The bid headed by Cumins has five high-powered individuals as part of the consortium

We have met with Peter Tinley and the government on more than a dozen occasions over the last two years and they know our group well and what capacity we have,” Cumins said.

Cumins has other potential movers and shakers with significant wealth and acumen around rugby league keen to join the bid, which he has said “ticked all the boxes”.

“We have been told unofficially we will need to raise $30 million and we are confident we can raise that money,” he said.

“Now we have more clarity around expansion dates we can be more active in the market.”

Backdoor Benny, Cash converter guy..who are the other 3?! Still no detail. All cloak & dagger.

Bukowski

Juniors

I need to hear from the weatherman first

Bukowski

Juniors
Gets tiresome doesn’t it? A Perth team will attract brand new investment into the game. I’m sick of saying it’s a no brainer. But here we are mate.
Yeah a little. But hopefully something in concrete in late June, I doubt it in regards to a Perth team though.
Either way I'll say I'll stop posting