What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Indies v Bangladesh

African Monkey

First Grade
Obviously next to no interest on here but it's a test series so it deserves it's own thread.

WI 407/3 at stumps on day 2 with Brathwaite on 205* and Chanderpaul on 51*. A lot of play was lost on day 2 but it's very slow going for the Windies.

Having said that, Brathwaite continues to grow in the test arena (albeit against low quality opposition). I've said it before and I'll say it again, he will score 10,000+ test runs before his test career is over, his temperament is that good.

vvvrulz

Coach
Obviously next to no interest on here but it's a test series so it deserves it's own thread.

WI 407/3 at stumps on day 2 with Brathwaite on 205* and Chanderpaul on 51*. A lot of play was lost on day 2 but it's very slow going for the Windies.

Having said that, Brathwaite continues to grow in the test arena (albeit against low quality opposition). I've said it before and I'll say it again, he will score 10,000+ test runs before his test career is over, his temperament is that good.

Its refreshing to see a young West Indian batsman giving test cricket a proper crack.

When was the last time that happened? They've just constantly looked like a bunch of T20 guys masquerading in whites. Chanderpaul aside of course, what a legend that man is

TheParraboy

Staff member
Shame they ain't showing this on fox

At least a 20 min summary of the first two sessions and the full third session every day would be nice.

They play so many repeats of stuff its not funny. I mean seriously who wants to watch repeat of a tennis match or golf game or even NRL match?

I mean seriously they showed the local WI t20 comp live last month, but ignore international test cricket. Gives me the shits to be really honest with you all

vvvrulz

Coach
I mean seriously they showed the local WI t20 comp live last month, but ignore international test cricket. Gives me the shits to be really honest with you all

The preference that these dinky little T20 matches get really pisses me off too

African Monkey

First Grade
Shame they ain't showing this on fox

At least a 20 min summary of the first two sessions and the full third session every day would be nice.

They play so many repeats of stuff its not funny. I mean seriously who wants to watch repeat of a tennis match or golf game or even NRL match?

Yeah we have sommet sports over here who were meant to show it but unfortunately the 1st test isn't being shown. Hopefully the 2nd test will be on over here.

Mushfiqur really fighting hard for his team. Looks unlikely at this stage but lets see if Bangladesh can dig in and possibly get a draw out of this game.

vvvrulz

Coach
Didn't happen, blown away in the end with a target of only 13

Bangladesh have really been on the decline

vvvrulz

Coach
They've never been on the up.

Things were looking promising around 2010 when the likes of Shakib, Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur were on the rise. They were winning a few ODIs, doing pretty well for themselves during their England tour, I really did think they'd done the hard yards and were ready to start competing more often

But then came the 2011 world cup debacle and they've gotten worse since

African Monkey

First Grade
Makes you wonder what we would do to them. Over in two days or less.

Well you struggled in a test the last time you guys played them in a test series.

They're competitive at home due to them producing such flat decks for themselves to grind out draws on, but it doesn't prepare them for away tests. They have nothing in their decks for fast bowlers and still rely heavily on left arm spin which brings them next to no results.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They were only ever admitted test status as another vote for the BCCI.

They have offered very little since

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yep, they were a 4th vote for the Asian block headed by India. When they first came in they didn't even have a first class competition.

TheParraboy

Staff member
2ND TEST:

Stumps day 2

WI 380 (opening partnership of 143)

Braithwaite 63
Johnson 66
Chanderpaul 84no

Bangers 7/104
Roach 5/33

same ole same ole

vvvrulz

Coach
Will struggle to even get to the follow on target, hopeless really
Meanwhile nice to see the West Indian quicks among some wickets.

vvvrulz

Coach
Chanderpaul yet to be dismissed so far this series

Legend of the game who's not mentioned anywhere near enough.
This guy was playing since I was a young lad first picking up the game!

Bangladesh resisted but are on the way to their usual collapse now.
Difficult to gauge if the West Indies are improving with an opponent like this.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Benn took another 5 wicket haul - since when has he been a destroyer of batting lineups?

I really believe that Bangladesh need to be dropped from playing tests. I was once a supporter of them believing that sooner or later they would improve but in 14 years they've gone nowhere.