What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Suburbs Magpies news and discussion

joejoe

Juniors
sorry should have posted the pics of the new strip :)

westsvparramatta5_20060304_-664069236.jpg

westsvparramatta1_20060304_161276013.jpg

westsvparramatta3_20060304_798312880.jpg

brook

First Grade
much better than the last one although I'm not a huge fan of the neckline.

Aaron De Gois is obviously Isaacs bro but is Jarrod Roberts related to Ben?

Gooba

Juniors
look out for nick taylor in flegg.. played with him last year in under 18s (group 6 player of the year) hes a freak.. he also backed up for the first grade side playing in the grand final scoring 2 trys.. for the picton Magpies of coarse.. kurt fittlers also a Picton boy..

yappy

Bench
I'll second that Gooba. Nick looks like a real find for us and it wouldn't surprise at all to see him playing Premiers in the not too distant. Leo mentioned him and the other winger Rappo for special mention at the Rip trials. Nick came on at the end of the Premiers and looked right at home.

Gooba

Juniors
yeah be interesting to see how far he can go.. he played centre for us last year so dont be suprised if u see him there at some stage.. anyone know how kurt went??

yappy

Bench
Kurt played the Premiers trial, but finds himself on the Flegg bench for round 1.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Wonder how many tries Kaufusi / Richter will bomb for you guys this year?

Must say you guys do have a quick backline and with Oliver in the halves expect some points to be scored this season

The bench has some talent on it as well in PL

Yapster what club is Tyler Aitken from - name rings a bell

yappy

Bench
Action Jackson will go fine for us thanks very much. I've said since 2000 that all the guy needed was some intensive coaching on positional play and he could be a very handy footballer. So far from what I've seen we might owe Folkesy and his team a big thank you. His positional play was fine and his defence was bone jarring. Against the Eels he made about 3 try savers in one passage where they had multiple sets. I have no doubt he'll be in the credit column.

Our bench is very handy indeed. Hoare, Trimarchi and Rysko especially will make a big impact and I'll be very surprised if they aren't 3 of the 4 John uses.

Don't know about Aitken - I'll find out.

jets fan

Juniors
tyler aiken was trialing for cronulla flegg made it but then left he came back and tried out for newtown jim beam and didnt make it he then played for university in the illawarra comp but they folded not sure as to where he played after this

yappy

Bench
Seems Tyler might have gone back to the Sharks. That seems to be where we picked him up from.

Spike

First Grade
Is Adam Luchetti still with the pies or is he injured? I've noticed that he wasn't listed in the side in this weeks premier league game

yappy

Bench
Luchetti isn't in the final squad.

Tyler Aitken will be a crowd favourite at Campbelltown. Strong boy. Was pushing off players like they weren't there. Nice skill for a centre to have. Plenty of guts too. Go hard son!

2 True Blues

Coach
Wests definately have an uphill battle this season with that tough draw and the lack of experienced players in their line-up. Hope things pick up for them.

girvie

Staff member
http://westsmagpies.net/2005/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=335&Itemid=2

Tragic Passing of Matt Brown
Written by Wests Football Club
Sunday, 07 May 2006
Western Suburbs is in mourning for the loss of Magpies Jersey Flegg player Matt Brown. Matt died tragically as the result of an accident on Friday evening. Matt was returning to his home in Harden in country NSW at the time of the accident.

Everyone at Western Suburbs' thoughts are with the Brown family and Matt's friends in this time of grief.

Wests are making arrangements to ensure the club is appropriately represented at Matt's funeral. Counselling and travel assistance will be offered to Matt's team mates to allow them to attend the funeral and deal with the loss of their team mate. More details will be published when they become available.

- Very very sad news. Rest in Peace.

Latest posts