What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We've lost a Legend.

Quigs

Immortal
Today we lost a legend. Breaking news from the Old Dart. Rugby League Legend and Sharks Champion Vince Farrar has passed away.

Vince played 18 games for the Sharks in 1984.

Vincey scored a try for Featherstone Rovers in their famous Challenge Cup Final victory before a Wembley crowd of 100,000.

One of the last of the old school props to play for the black white and blue.

Last edited:
I remember him so well in his first game against Easts at the Sports Ground, he was really struggling to keep up with the play, I really felt sorry for him. But he could throw amazing flick passes. He improved his fitness considerably as the season wore on.

taipan

Referee
Geez.Vince,known as the Pale Whale.RIP
Vince he was one of the crowd faves.Played his heart out every time.
Bad news all the time this year.

Quigs

Immortal
Big Merv Hicks was the original Pale Whale. Big Pom prop played for Canterbury and then Norths ???

I know he (Merv) ended up Captain-coaching North Sydney. Jim Mills played under Merv at the Bears.

taipan

Referee
Big Merv Hicks was the original Pale Whale. Big Pom prop played for Canterbury and then Norths ???

I know he (Merv) ended up Captain-coaching North Sydney. Jim Mills played under Merv at the Bears.

Yes that he was.But Vince baby was deserving of the title.No one looked milkier than our Vince.Who signed him? Bob Abbott? He certainly had speed between the ears, but as slow as my mother in law.

I remember some decent Pommy buys, Pommy Fishop,Bob Wear,Cliff Watson,Roger the Dodger.
Don't know too much about Allan Bateman and Billy Benyon.