What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a joke...

Southernsaint

Staff member
I was almost physically ill watching the Joey-Sonny love-fest on the Footy Show last night.

Where were the "oh, that's not his go" testimonials when Ryles was getting suspended for obstruction??

Ricketson even managed to drag serial thug Adrian Moreley in to the debate.

The 15 minutes of the program that I watched reminded me whey I haven't watched it in years before now...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I watched the replay of the Dragons v Titans match last night. The Ch 9 coverage cut into the match and then well into the half time summary to give us 'breaking news' updates on the Joey-gate inury. Sure... very happy that they told us and it could have been said in 30 seconds. But they went on about it for ages with slomo replays and different angles. You could be excused for thinking you tuned into the wrong match. lol

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
I watched the replay of the Dragons v Titans match last night. The Ch 9 coverage cut into the match and then well into the half time summary to give us 'breaking news' updates on the Joey-gate inury. Sure... very happy that they told us and it could have been said in 30 seconds. But they went on about it for ages with slomo replays and different angles. You could be excused for thinking you tuned into the wrong match. lol

LOL, like the Zapruder Film: "Back...and to the left".

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I don't understand why they needed to make a public appearance together. What did it accomplish?

SBW and the Knights players did not even get into a stoush about it. When the hit happened, Sonny stepped away, and didn't even argue with the ref. It's not as if there is some bad blood issue going on.

The media circus around this game has become a joke, especially when writers such as Rebecca Wilson has supposedly got the 'Most Powerful Sports Column' in Australia.

Seriously, I'm sure a phone call from SBW to see if Johns was ok would have been more than enough to satisfy Joey and anyone else.

I see our game turning into the NFL with the whole media thing.

This Year?

Immortal
I don't watch the footy show much anyway, but it seems nothing has really changed. The thursday footy show is nothing more than a joke really, as has been for a number of years. I only watch it if there's nothing else to do. It's a shame Sterlo has gone because he seemed to be the only one that had any decent input on whatever they were rambling about.

Latest posts