What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a rort!

no name

Coach
The NRL Apparently told James Hooper that the criteria to be eligible for a testemonial is 250+ NRL games, to have play origin or test footy and (this is the kicker) to be a clean skin for the entirety of your career.

I wonder if they actually said this with a straight face.
Luke Lewis, Nightingale, Heighington, Wobbie (if anyone wants to host one for him), Slater (if Cam gets away with decapitating blokes, kicking blokes in the Face is fine) all due this year then?
I’m sure there are others.

27971949_1695045857249835_3051472143321728250_n.jpg

edabomb

First Grade
Guys you really need to get off Smith's back. Champion player and has done it all while maintaining a second career as a caterer.

Valheru

Coach
Luke Lewis, Nightingale, Heighington, Wobbie (if anyone wants to host one for him), Slater (if Cam gets away with decapitating blokes, kicking blokes in the Face is fine) all due this year then?
I’m sure there are others.

Yep there would be heaps.

Mitch Pearce would be due this year. Some might say he has been far from a cleanskin but signing 2 contracts, being part of a gang rape investigation and getting arrested and spending a night in the local slammer don't exclude you from being a clean skin apparently.

Valheru

Coach
But you f**k one dog...

* Simulate

That's my point though. Someone like Mitch has only been in trouble with the law once.... for refusing to leave a licensed premise which is more than you can say for JT.

JT's 'clean skin" record is one of the biggest myths in rugby league history.

M2D2

Bench
* Simulate

That's my point though. Someone like Mitch has only been in trouble with the law once.... for refusing to leave a licensed premise which is more than you can say for JT.

Also forcing yourself on someone who didnt want to be kissed.

myrrh ken

First Grade
* Simulate

Nothing wrong with liking buns full of cream. Matt utai loves em.

Valheru

Coach
Also forcing yourself on someone who didnt want to be kissed.

Are you being purposely obtuse?

I'm not defending Mitch or saying he deserves a testimonial. it is just one example of JT being wrongly seen as a 'clean skin' compared to other players.

M2D2

Bench
Are you being purposely obtuse?

I'm not defending Mitch or saying he deserves a testimonial. it is just one example of JT being wrongly seen as a 'clean skin' compared to other players.
im simply saying its not just cause he simulated sex with a dog.
The idea that JT or Smith is a cleanskin is just as stupid. But thats NRL for ya.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
The NRL Apparently told James Hooper that the criteria to be eligible for a testemonial is 250+ NRL games, to have play origin or test footy and (this is the kicker) to be a clean skin for the entirety of your career.

I wonder if they actually said this with a straight face.

And I also believe the 250+ games had to be for the 1 club. Take away the obvious hate that most nsw supporters have for these 2 blokes they both individually deserve a testimonial each but played the one game instead. When they get spoken about in future immortal conversations a testimonial is hardly a big issue. Maybe a slater/gallen testimonial next year. Peptides v 2 contracts.

Jt and smith got more to the testimonial game in the pouring rain than any Sydney Nrl team gets to a regular game. No other testimonial would get that in Sydney. Gallen v mannah. Look out

Valheru

Coach
And I also believe the 250+ games had to be for the 1 club. Take away the obvious hate that most nsw supporters have for these 2 blokes they both individually deserve a testimonial each but played the one game instead. When they get spoken about in future immortal conversations a testimonial is hardly a big issue. Maybe a slater/gallen testimonial next year. Peptides v 2 contracts.

Jt and smith got more to the testimonial game in the pouring rain than any Sydney Nrl team gets to a regular game. No other testimonial would get that in Sydney. Gallen v mannah. Look out

Well JT has played for 2 clubs.

In any event, you have missed the point. The NRL have come up with this criteria and are ignoring the fact the 2 players don't actually meet the criteria

No one would have a problem with the game if A) Smith and JT didn't directly financially benefit from the game outside the cap and B) the QLD wankfest that come with it.

no name

Coach
Just a couple of battlers scrounging up a few bucks from the game.
It’s not like they have earned much off RL.

King hit

Coach

Nobody besides Smith or Thurston or maybe Slater would’ve passed the first breath when proposing this scam