What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about Colin Best

DevilDragon

Juniors
I was sure that when the Dragons signed Colin Best that Gaz was gone for sure. Where do we see him fitting in next season and to who's expense?

Southernsaint

Staff member
DevilDragon said:
I was sure that when the Dragons signed Colin Best that Gaz was gone for sure. Where do we see him fitting in next season and to who's expense?

Premier League...

And battling with John Carlaw for the First grade centre spot when Gaz is out injured after Round 3.

Cheers,
Ben S.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The way the dragons injuries occur, he may be invaluable because he can play wing, centre and fullback!!

weasel

First Grade
I think we need to be signing backs, regardless. We have incredible depth in the forwards at the moment but we seem to struggle to find quality backs when we suffer a few injuries.

Simon

Juniors
He could take Simmonds spot on the wing. Simmonds is a very solid player but not spectacular. An interesting pre season I would say for Best and Simmonds.

DevilDragon

Juniors
Simon said:
He could take Simmonds spot on the wing. Simmonds is a very solid player but not spectacular. An interesting pre season I would say for Best and Simmonds.
I for one am very comfortable with Simmonds. A very safe option who knows how to finish. He never seems to mind mucking in to get the hard work done.

G

gorilla

I reckon Simmonds to be the best converted winger since Slippery Morris. He scores tries, he tackles, he defuses bombs, he positions well, he has guts and all the vision of a good fullback.

Pfwrft to that nonense above ! :shock:
Magilla

Anonymous

Juniors
gorilla said:
I reckon Simmonds to be the best converted winger since Slippery Morris. He scores tries, he tackles, he defuses bombs, he positions well, he has guts and all the vision of a good fullback.

Pfwrft to that nonense above ! :shock:
Magilla
hear, hear!!

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
It seems like you lot don't rate Colin Best then?

He has been playing very well for Hull in Super League and his reason for quitting was simply to play Origin.

He said he would not have left Hull were it not for the lure of playing Origin, something he felt he would do with St George.

Better than you think or a dreamer?

Old_faithful

Juniors
Colin has the potential to be a great player. He has played very well for us, and is one of the most unique players you will ever see. His ability to attack is phenominal. Hes got pace, and he can finish to. he can be a bit suspect in defence, and need time to develop his defensive skills. He is a massive loss to Hull.

Colin is also very hard to put down, he can take the ball up from dummy half, and find holes in the defence, which he will be able to do alot more of with you guys becuase of the pace of your game. he will be a good assett to your team, so dont waste him. he wil need time to ajust, but in this guy, you have got a potential matchwinner.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Fairleigh Good, Old Faithful - Thanks for the info guys. It's very hard to judge what Best will be like because the last a lot of people have seen of him was when he played for The Scum & a lot of people over here don't rate the ESL, especially the teams outside the Big Four.

To be honest with you, I have my reservations but for the right price he's worth taking a chance on...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Old_faithful

Juniors
No probs SS. The Superleague is really cathing up with the NRL but still has some work to do. Hull are considered a 'top 4' club by the vast majority of people over here nowadays. Colin has to be given his chance. as I said before, the guy has the ability to break the line, come inside, and take the ball up from DH, and has electric pace. you do have alot of utility players at StGeorge (Blacklock, frew, Gasnier, Matt Cooper) to name a few, but given time, the lad will no doubt earn his stripes and become a regular if nathan brown gives him a chance. good luck to the lad, he has the potential to become a real star at St george.