What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What am I suppose to do?

Crush

Coach
I'm watching the Wallabies. Great atmosphere. Packed stadium. Not often that you see a packed SFS.
Go Wallabies!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm watching the Wallabies. Great atmosphere. Packed stadium. Not often that you see a packed SFS.
Go Wallabies!

Great atmosphere, dreary game to watch though.

It was a wonderful advertisement for rugby league.

Yawn-ion.

And, you're right about the SFS not being utilised nearly enough. I find it shameful that most premium footballing events are held that concrete monstrosity called ANZ Stadium (a venue which remains awful to be a spectator for all sports).

Crush

Coach
Great atmosphere, dreary game to watch though.

It was a wonderful advertisement for rugby league.

Yawn-ion.

And, you're right about the SFS not being utilised nearly enough. I find it shameful that most premium footballing events are held that concrete monstrosity called ANZ Stadium (a venue which remains awful to be a spectator for all sports).
Agreed, the first half really was a yawn.
I thought it was a much better 2nd half and went down to the wire which was somewhat exciting though.
ANZ is a punish in every way. Still if you want to watch finals footy or big games like Origin you have to push through the punish and head on out there.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Agreed, the first half really was a yawn.
I thought it was a much better 2nd half and went down to the wire which was somewhat exciting though.
ANZ is a punish in every way. Still if you want to watch finals footy or big games like Origin you have to push through the punish and head on out there.

The only element that made the match "somewhat interesting" was the closeness of the score.

One aspect - and there are many - in union that I find laborious are the endless stream of stoppages ('tea breaks' as I call them). At halftime I calculated roughly 15 extra minutes were applied in what is supposed to be 40 minutes 'action'.

As for your other point regarding Olympic Park, there is no reason why finals couldn't be played (again) at Moore Park provided the new plans for a new stadia incorporates a larger capacity.

Of course, the current proposal to demolish, then rebuild Allianz Stadium to exactly the same amount of spectators defies logic.

Latest posts