What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Are Our Chances?

Jimbo

Immortal
Well since that article wasn't written by Wierdler, so we must be a shot...

et

Juniors
The other paper says we have Luke Bailey in our sights - one of four clubs that could accommodate his fee of up to $350K. Bailey's managers says he is quite likely to test the market.

Rogers says in that story that Stevens has told them he wants to retire this year. "Bailey would be an ideal replacement.... If Luke enters the market we'll be talking to him.... We're looking for a similar type of player to replace Stevo, and Luke fits that bill - he is a great player."

Probably is tired of getting booed off the field.

:-k

millersnose

Post Whore
i think mason is a great player and will be one of the most dominant front rowers of this decade

i hope the article isnt just journalist collum fill

dreary

Juniors
I think he would be a great buy, but if Stevo has a season as good as last then I wouldn't mind him going around again next year.

I think it is good work by Rogers to get our name out in the market and let quality players know that we have money to throw at them after the anti-tampering deadline expires without risking the fine of overstepping the mark.

PJ

First Grade
I heard last year, and I think I posted it here, that Willie was all but a Chook on his next contract.

I agree with Millers that he is probably going to be a dominant player but I also wonder wether he will stand out without the quality around him and how much he would whinge if he had to carry extra work.

For mine he is a 2 edges sword and cause just as much damage to the team he plays for as the opposition.

Macca

Coach
Mason or Bailey.

Both great footy players.

Both have been prone to injury. One is a goose, the other is reserved.

I'd go for Bailey.

et

Juniors
Bailey's been a bit quite for the last year, but at least he has the experience of Stevo's role of covering for two props.

Special K

Coach
Now that it looks like SBW will be staying with the Dogs the club will go all out for Mason.

If the club did their numbers right we could well land both for the price of what we could of paid for SBW.

I'd take Mason over Bailey. Mason would be great for the boys. He has pulled his finger out and would get stuck into a forward not putting in. He is big, fast and just what we need. 11. Mason 12. Bailey 13. Gallen is a strong backrow. Bailey would be good as someone for Stevo as we will need a prop but Bailey gets hurt so often but if he only wants 350k then he would be a steal for a australian prop. I don't see him leaving the dragons but. Geez it would be funny if we signed Bailey but the dragon fans would HATE it :lol: . But go after Mason! He'll sign with the highest bidder - He is worth the money and he is a game breaker... Let us just hope his mum doesn't stop us this time around.

Fact is with no Stevo next year the club has to buy a name forward. I just hope we do and don't end up signing three young blokes over a name.

chili pepper

Bench
Mason would be an enormous aquisition for the club. My only reservation is that he won't replace Stevens role. Bailey would slot straight into that role - doing the hard yards. But with both Hutch and Nutley at the club maybe we don't really need someone else to fill the gap.

Would be awesome if we got both.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The Stevo retiring is the first shot fired from theclub prior to June 30.

Stevo is off contract, nothing more.

His future lies in the media & he has gambled on the footy show. A gamble which may not pay off, in a show & a channel getting absolutely hammered in the ratings.

Unless his current injury is worse than what we are lead to believe, he will be here in 06.

shadowboxer

First Grade
the papers today indicate he is retiring, it was the first i heard of it. Wonder whats going there???

imasharkie

Coach
I'm of the same opinion as Special K on this matter.
Bailey is injury prone and I thought his game last night was ordinary.
On the other hand big Willy is dynamite and would fit in with our team perfectly.

The Popper

Bench
You say Special K. Yep, it does sound like the dining table. Cream puff forwards and buttered fingered backs.

Booyah

Bench
I don't know about Bailey. SUre he's good on his day but he's too injury prone. Then again, a decent conditioner and proper training methods might help.

As for Mason, we should throw what we have at him. I don't care if he's a lair, a turd or whatever. He's a top footy player and we would be absolutley geniused if we didn't make a move for him.

And for the record, yes I am a Mason fan.

Surely

Post Whore
1st we are a quality prop short, we are ok for back rowers, 2nd our backline is where we really suck, we need one more decent centre, a winger, and more than likely a fullback.

Stuff paying Mason 350K ... he is not worth it.

As for a centre, I'd be trying to poach that Pewee Moke fellow from the rorters .

wobbegong

Juniors
Mason at the Sharks.......can you imagine it.....

HEADLINE
Cronulla 2nd rower Willie Mason was caught selling drugs at an Xhibit concert. No charges were laid as Mason confirmed he grabbed the wrong bottle....his ADHD tablets!

No thanks.