What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Hellray

Juniors
Someone on the bunnies tv podcast wrote in there is rumour doing the rounds that the reason Duncan hasn’t been getting selected is because he is leaving south’s at the end of the season

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Someone on the bunnies tv podcast wrote in there is rumour doing the rounds that the reason Duncan hasn’t been getting selected is because he is leaving south’s at the end of
He is still under contract to the end of 2025, so is he being given permission to leave?

Hellray

Juniors
He is still under contract to the end of 2025, so is he being given permission to leave?
Well that was the discussion that happened. Yes he is under contract still, but when does that stop a player these days?

again it was only a rumour that no one else could confirm. So it could also just be someone taking guesses to why he isn’t being picked

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Well that was the discussion that happened. Yes he is under contract still, but when does that stop a player these days?

again it was only a rumour that no one else could confirm. So it could also just be someone taking guesses to why he isn’t being picked
It's obvious why he wasn't being picked - Demetriou - who is now sacked.
The question is now, is Bennett making roster calls now?
If so, I could see Mark Nicholls as a possible pickup.
And is Bennett interested in Duncan?

Hellray

Juniors
Bennett would have been here when we recruited Tallis to the club. Whether or not he hasn’t seen enough growth or development who knows.

it would be the one slight against him while we have cam Murray Duncan lack of growth and size is worrisome when you need more size in a pack. Can you play them both together? Yes but you need the rest of the forwards to be big/large dominant players… which we don’t have

And I guess we will know soon if there is any truth to it, if Hornby also doesn’t pick him maybe it wasn’t just the old coach that was the reason.

Thumper

Juniors
Honestly your opinions are rubbish. Even if Nichols was available how does he solve any prop issues south’s currently have.

Thumper

Juniors
Bennett would have been here when we recruited Tallis to the club. Whether or not he hasn’t seen enough growth or development who knows.

it would be the one slight against him while we have cam Murray Duncan lack of growth and size is worrisome when you need more size in a pack. Can you play them both together? Yes but you need the rest of the forwards to be big/large dominant players… which we don’t have

And I guess we will know soon if there is any truth to it, if Hornby also doesn’t pick him maybe it wasn’t just the old coach that was the reason.
We only have 17 available for next week so if he’s not picked then it’s pretty clear.

Hellray

Juniors

Sigh...

Average player. There's a reason why he's not currently at an NRL club.
At least he has some experience. I mean what are the other options? Blooding another untested not ready rookie?

his deal is week to week, so if he suxks we aren’t stuck with him. From all the discussions Aj and Gagai back soon also Mellars also expected back soon. If he helps gets us through until then great. If not it’s back to Townsville he goes

Sigh...

Average player. There's a reason why he's not currently at an NRL club.
Sure, but he’s played 30 NRL games, is 25 and while he’s factory, he’s not hopeless.

There to hold the fort, good luck to him I say.

Nafedogg

Juniors
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bennett deal was done a few weeks back, just seems weird to sack JD if there wasn’t a plan in place already. Hornby isn’t the long term coach, we all know that. Surely we clean out a few players, get rid of that stale feeling and onto next year.