What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do we make of Sunday side v North Queensland

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Side announced is for Sunday is:
1. Miles
2. OHalloran
3. Wilson
4. Halatau
5. NBQ
6. Fitzhenry
7. Marshall
8. Pearson
9. Mears
10. Skandalis
11. Laffranchi
12. ONeill (C)
13. Hill

14. Collis
15. Heighnington
16. Paterson
17. Gibbs
18. Clayton
19. Manu
(2 to be omitted)

Covell injured. So who is the goal kicker?
Would be good to see Dean Collis get a run.

B_Tiger

Juniors
I hope patto gets dropped but apart from that the side looks alright. I think the side has missed Lincoln since he has been injured, I hope he is kept.

yappy

Bench
Marshall will probably kick. Glad to hear the boot is injured (if you know what I mean) - it's too late in the season for him to be any use to us dropped.

Congrats to Brycey on his first touch in the big time "try, try, try!" He doesn't get many of em so it's a massive one. Still think others (esp BrettO) can feel justifiably miffed but he took his chance so good luck to him.

I hope whoever gets dropped it ain't Heighnington for obvious reasons ;-) Go the Mighty Magpies. Expect another tough encounter in the Premiers. The Bluebags have stuck it to us on the two previous meetings. Check out their front row Hee-uuuggeee!!!! The big Islander would look OK in Black and White methinks, have to get Tere the Bald Pirate onto it.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
How did Covell get injured??

He was at Panthers on Saturday night after the game and he looked fine to me.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Luke Covell has a hip injury - but did not say how he got it.

Anybody know if Benji Marshall is a good kicker?

Pretty amazing that Bryce Gibbs scored with his first touch. Can anybody remember any other player doing that?

Tigerpete

Juniors
So i think that Sheens will certainly play Gibbs, Collis and Heignington, Meaning that Paterson, Manu and Clayton will fight for the last spot which i think will go to Paterson because Manu is not a tiger next season and Clayton would mean 2 backs on the bench.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The Starting side looks ok, the best we really could do considering the injuries we have at the moment.

With Covell out Marshall will do the goal kicking although it wouldn't surprise me if Collis didn't start with NBQ moved onto the bench.

This is how I would have my bench with Collis starting.

5.NBQ
15. Heighnington
17. Gibbs
19. Manu

but in saying that it really wouldn't surprise me if they go this way instead

14. Collis
15. Heighnington
17. Gibbs
19. Manu

DA

Juniors
Looks like a lousy side to me.

Very poor bench - no go forward, a tiny centre on debut.

Fitzhenry is as hopeless as Beuttner as 5/8. Both are runners, not organisers.

No goalkicker.

We need the non-events from last week, Hill, Laffranchi, Pearson, Paterson to RUN HARD. Please

The Cowboys are a very good side when on their game.

Bring on next year.

B_Tiger

Juniors
I agree about our forwards. They are really shit. We got hammered last week. I'd really like to see Laffranchi play at prop and have heignington start at second row. Skando is a solid player but isn't an impact player