What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what do you reckon of Wilshere

Jiffy

Juniors
John Wilshere is supposed to be off to Warrington next season, what do you think of him....is he quick/slow? whats his defence like etc

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Jiffy said:
John Wilshere is supposed to be off to Warrington next season, what do you think of him....is he quick/slow? whats his defence like etc

He started off quite slow, and finished the season very well. he played winger all year, and was very average by NRL standards.

But opnce moved to the Centre he aquitted himself quite well, and looks the goods, although, he needs to put some pounds on.

Will be very good in UK.

Anonymous

Juniors
To be brutally honest, we won't miss him.
Not a terrible player but he cost us one game this year when for reasons best known to himself, he failed to pass to Blacklock who had a clear run to the line in a Saints v Raiders match. It would have won us the game.

But he did come with good credentials - a PNG international.
Personally, I think he just lacks genuine pace. As Stgillaman said, if he bulks up a little and is moved to the centres, he may impress there.
I don't recall his defence being an issue. Hope he goes well in the UK.

Shaun said:
wasnt Wilshire the guy who always seemed to drop the ball?
He proabably did. I personally dont think he is that good of a player, but i liked having him on the wing rather then Saleh, he just wasnt quite up to NRL standards. But as was said, he shud do alrite in England.

Southernsaint

Staff member
**DrAgOnS_gUrL** said:
Pat N said:
Jabs said:
Shaun said:
wasnt Wilshire the guy who always seemed to drop the ball?
I think you might be referring to Brent Kite.

... or Creagh
Creagh hasnt dropped it half as much as Kite....i thought he was pretty good under the high ball though.

I wish we'd kept Chris Nero. Everyone has been wrapping Creagh & hopefully he'll be a star of the future, but Nero impressed me when he was (rarely) given a chance by Browny.

I think he's off to Bradford or Warrington in 2004.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts