What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened on the footy show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the Footy Show this week because I was doing some work, on 2GB today they're saying that they inappropriately covered Peter Frilingos's passing, could anyone explain what happened and what they thought of it?

Would be much appreciated, cheers

Basically....nothing happened.

As they were introducing the boys it was left to Paul Harrigon to say maybe 15 seconds worth about Chippy and that was it.

I love watching the Footy Show, but that was really pathetic.

MEE

Juniors
Pretty ordinary...

Wonder if things would of been different had he not been good freinds with Hadley?

It sounded like something really inappropriate was done
I liked Chippy more than those Channel 9 idiots (not including Matty Johns) but they didnt really get on with Frilingos, I wouldnt expect a massive tribute or anything, arent a few heartfelt words appropriate?

Kaz

junior
I was expecting more of a tribute to Chippy on the Footy Show.

ShireShark said:
It sounded like something really inappropriate was done
I liked Chippy more than those Channel 9 idiots (not including Matty Johns) but they didnt really get on with Frilingos, I wouldnt expect a massive tribute or anything, arent a few heartfelt words appropriate?

Not when it was left to the 4th panel member to finally say something.

Fatty spoke, then Sterlo, then Matty & then Harrigan mentioned something about Chippy.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Big deal.

If they had done a tribute, no doubt the Continuous Call blokes would've got on the air saying how condecending it was seeing as they never got on.

With all due respect to the Frillingos family, it's not as if the Pope died.

Cheers,
Ben S.

I'm with Southernsaint. This boring "tribute" effort from 2GB is just another attempt at them to continue their war against channel 9. Nothing more. No doubt Hadley is standing over Andrew's shoulder passing him which E-mails to read.

The scumbag.

Iafeta

Referee
Boring tribute? As in whats on the radio this weekend?

Call me old fashioned, but I am really touched by their words - I'm touched that Daley, Geyer etc have made the time to pass on some old stories. The speech from Ray Hadley was an absolute tear jerker, boring my backside.

There's nothing boring about saying goodbye to a good friend. I admire their professionalism and courage to go publically on air to talk through this situation. I think they have enormous tickers those who are on air doing what they're doing.

No tribute is "boring", I'm grateful you won't be in attendance when someone reads my eulogy!

Its tedius and boring. The best tribute for Chippy would've been just to get on with.

Did they do this for Peter Jackson? I can't remember, but their barrow wasn't as difficult to push back in those days.

I think what they're doing on the radio is good and appropriate, but they should forget about what Channel 9 did or didnt do. It's irrelevant and moaning about it lowers the tone of the program.

NPK

Bench
I live in Brisbane and I have often seen his name on these forums but never knew anything about him as I don't read NSW newspapers or listen to NSW radio stations.
Most non-NSW league fans are probably in the same boat...he meant nothing to us. No offence of course.

El Diablo

Post Whore
NPK said:
I live in Brisbane and I have often seen his name on these forums but never knew anything about him as I don't read NSW newspapers or listen to NSW radio stations.
Most non-NSW league fans are probably in the same boat...he meant nothing to us. No offence of course.

So you never check out the League section at Foxsports' website :?

And the Continuos call has gone into Queensland for years.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Its tedius and boring. The best tribute for Chippy would've been just to get on with.

Did they do this for Peter Jackson? I can't remember, but their barrow wasn't as difficult to push back in those days.

:arrow:

You're a joke Danish. :x

And yes they did do something for Peter Jackson, but the call team were on holidays, Jacko died in November 1997.

They are a doing a good job on 2GB to pay tribute to Chippy.

xwizit

Juniors
call me old fashioned also

but if you dont have anything nice to say, especially relating to someones death

dont say anything at all

if it doesnt mean anything to you, more power to you. but dont disrespect

The first game back after Jackson died all Hadley could bother saying was how much he tried to help him out of his personal difficulties.

He's a totally unclassy wanker.

Now, this thread has nothing really to do with Frilingos at all, niether does The Call Team's unwarrented attack on an equally stupid broadcast. I've got all the sympathy in the World for Frilingos and his body of work is well respected in my eye. But the only thing good from the Call Team today was the opening monologue. Everything else was just done to try and show they're better than everyone else.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
How bout when Sterlo was speaking at the end, about some poor guy who suffered brain damage i think it was, and this stupid idiot starts making loud noises in the crowd, and Sterlo just told him to shut up. Good Stuff Sterlo! :clap:

Glenn

First Grade
FWIW, personally the tribute on the footy show was appropriate IMHO, no doubt all on the show were deeply touched by the death of Chippy. Not to defend the show but it was a special one off at CC Leagues, had it been at the studio maybe more time would have been spent.
As for 2GB regardless of what people think of the Continuous call, I can't see how what they are doing this weekend is a "boring tribute", seems some people just can't be pleased :roll:

Razor

Coach
NPK said:

His articles were often in The Courier Mail

NPK

Bench
Razor said:
NPK said:

His articles were often in The Courier Mail

Are you sure? I have never seen a Frilingos article in the Courier Mail. Most of the league articles in there are written by Ricketts, and some by Colman and various other journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts