What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to the BOMB????

simon says

First Grade
To put it mildly,our 5th tackle kicking is a disgrace.....what I dont understand is why have we stopped putting up the bomb.Against Manly we did it and came up trumps.A week later and we put it in storage.I cant see the use of a kick 30 metres out to gain ground.Hoist the bloody thing up,we have some good jumpers out wide(in Moodie and Elford).

I really have to question our tactics yesterday......no kicking into space,no bombs,and then late in the game who will do the kick??....it was laughable at the end......

daslacker

Juniors
Why don't we put up the bomb?
Good question,but we like to put
low chip kicks into the ingoal that
lets their fullback get to it quicker
and under no pressure.

I must say even when we hoist it
up.Our kick chase is half hearted.
Which has a ? over our fittness

magpiemax

Juniors
Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that Minichiello is one of the best fullback's in the world as apposed to Manly's fullback.So that tactic might be a tad useless.

simon says

First Grade
Well we didnt kick it to the Manly FB,it was aimed at the winger........I fail to see how a bomb could be any more useless than what we did with our kicks last night????

simon says

First Grade
The two we put up against Manly that led to tries were form about thirty metres out and crossfield aimed at the winger.We were there plenty of times and kicked for position rather than attack.......and failed miserably.

holla4amarshall

Juniors
i agree with you there simon i was sayin myself that we need to try a bomb i think maybe 1 in the whole game .
the kicks we did were useless unless we were in a close game playing for field possition but we needed to score not hold them down in their 40m zone when we are losing by 16

Latest posts