What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What jerseys for the GF?

flippikat

Bench
Does anyone know what jersey set each team is wearing for the Grand Final?

Is there a designated home & away team, or is it decided by coin toss?

I'm guessing Manly will wear maroon & the Warriors white, because Manly finished higher on the table - but then again I was surprised last weekend when the Warriors rolled-out the flag jerseys....

*edit* much as I dislike the current NZ flag, the flag jersey is still far better than the white or black "wetsuit" warriors designs - it has more colour, and it has a collar...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
None of the Warriors jerseys clash with the Manly strip so I'dve though they'd be allowed to choose whichever they like. I'm hoping they go the Fern jersey (the mostly black one), not a fan of the wetsuits either.

flippikat

Bench
None of the Warriors jerseys clash with the Manly strip so I'dve though they'd be allowed to choose whichever they like. I'm hoping they go the Fern jersey (the mostly black one), not a fan of the wetsuits either.

Agreed. Fern jersey would be FANTASTIC! :)

hellteam

First Grade
Highest team gets the choice (obviously Manly will wear Maroon).

Warriors will wear white I assume. No idea why they wore that flag jersey, maybe because they got flogged wearing the white the week before so wanted to stay away from it?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Highest team gets the choice (obviously Manly will wear Maroon).

Warriors will wear white I assume. No idea why they wore that flag jersey, maybe because they got flogged wearing the white the week before so wanted to stay away from it?

Why cant the Warriors wear one of the black jerseys? They don't clash.

hellteam

First Grade
I don't have a problem with it but the NRL has ruled out clashes less than the Warriors/Manly..

Shame to see teams wear away jersey's in NRL, at least yours is the right team colours. We looked like the Bulldogs when we won in 2006.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Manly wearing maroon, Warriors wearing white.

Biggest consideration is no longer whether jerseys clash but whether they contrast. Maroon contrasts much better against white than black.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Biggest consideration is no longer whether jerseys clash but whether they contrast. Maroon contrasts much better against white than black.

Disagree, I think the best contrast would be Manly in maroon with white shorts, Warriors in the all black (fern) strip. Too much white otherwise.

Goddo

Bench
+1 for fern jersey - that would look great.

Manly's home and away are both good - could go with either really.

firechild

First Grade
Not necessarily higher premiership ranking that gets preference. Manly wore maroon and Melbourne wore white in 2008 despite Melbourne finishing 1st. Because Melbourne lost their first match against the Warriors, Manly became the higher ranked club in the finals (highest ranked winner in week 1).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not necessarily higher premiership ranking that gets preference. Manly wore maroon and Melbourne wore white in 2008 despite Melbourne finishing 1st. Because Melbourne lost their first match against the Warriors, Manly became the higher ranked club in the finals (highest ranked winner in week 1).
Correct - it's higher finals ranking that gets preference. Either way it's Manly this time around though.

nrlnrl

First Grade

jersey details for each team will be officially announced tomorrow

I expect the Warriors to wear white but really want them to wear the Black fern jersey cos I really want to buy the GF jersey and don't like the white or NZ flag jerseys.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Isn't it technically a Warriors home game, since they knocked off the highest ranked team?

Either way, I hope Manly wear white & New Zealand black.

I think Manly's white ne looks better than maroon; while I think the Warriors white one is shithouse.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Looks likely Manly to wear maroon, Warriors to wear white but I get a feeling they might want to wear their blue jumper with the flag on it.

applesauce

Bench
1.jpg
warriors-15-year-jersey-front.jpg

:clap::clap::clap: